Page 1 of 4
Braveheart was waaay off.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Schindler's List.

Where in the hell were the clowns?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
This would be all fine and well if those movies ever claimed to be historically accurate. Otherwise we might just as well say that the lord of the rings movies are inaccurate from a physics point of view...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The Patriot
Revolutionary War figure Francis "The Swamp Fox" Marion was the basis for Mel Gibson's character, but he wasn't the forward-thinking family man they show in the flick. He was a slave owner who didn't get married (to his cousin) until after the war was over. Historians also say that he actively persecuted and murdered native Cherokees. Plus, the climatic Battle of Guilford Court House where he vanquishes his British nemesis? In reality, the Americans lost that one.

Mel Gibson is a ****
I love how they put 2001: A Space Odyssey in there... I mean seriously now.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by Kensai
This would be all fine and well if those movies ever claimed to be historically accurate. Otherwise we might just as well say that the lord of the rings movies are inaccurate from a physics point of view...

But we don't know the year.
Maybe it's supposed to happen in a lot of million years from now?

Nuclear Holocaust ---> Humans are extinct ---> Millions of years pass ---> You get Hobbits and mages on LSD.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by DanRev
The Patriot
Revolutionary War figure Francis "The Swamp Fox" Marion was the basis for Mel Gibson's character, but he wasn't the forward-thinking family man they show in the flick. He was a slave owner who didn't get married (to his cousin) until after the war was over. Historians also say that he actively persecuted and murdered native Cherokees. Plus, the climatic Battle of Guilford Court House where he vanquishes his British nemesis? In reality, the Americans lost that one.

Mel Gibson is a ****

Yea lol, Mel Gibson has that one, Braveheart, and Apocalypto up there. Maybe he just does suck.
them putting 2001 a space odyssey on there is like putting I Am Legend on it because it doesn't depict the zombie holocaust well enough... of course 2001 is inaccurate, its based on a book written quite a while ago
yeah, a lot of 'em weren't really suprising
but still some good movies on that list
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by johnpetrucci05
Yea lol, Mel Gibson has that one, Braveheart, and Apocalypto up there. Maybe he just does suck.

I'm surprised they didn't put Passion of the Christ up there as well.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by urik

Nuclear Holocaust ---> Humans are extinct ---> Millions of years pass ---> You get Hobbits and mages on LSD.

True. Like Star Wars looks all futuristic, but it's actually set long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Alternate world = own timeline, and perhaps own physical properties
Quote by urik

I believe it's the third age

And I doubt the laws of physics will change into LOTR ones, even though that would be awesome.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah there was no empire in 10,000 B.C. everyone was just a bunch of nomads. Also, did anyone else find it odd that the rainforest was located right next to the snowy wasteland and the desert right next to the rain forest?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Kensai
I believe it's the third age

And I doubt the laws of physics will change into LOTR ones, even though that would be awesome.

Damnit... Where are Martin and Doc when you need a time traveling DeLorean?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Anastacia, I know its a cheesy animated musical butt mann its ridiculous. Also Rambo, great movie plenty of action but makes out like America won the vietnam war.
Quote by DanRev
The Patriot

Mel Gibson is a ****

I thought it was a good movie, with the axes flying everywhere, blood and gore, etc.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Yeah^^ Anastasia would have been imbred instead of a normal looking girl.
"But according to the history books, Isabella was three years old at the time of Falkirk, and Edward III was born seven years after Wallace died."

So Wallace was a time traveling pedo.....so what?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Mel Gibson doesn't care!

Quote by Mel Gibson
Historical accuracy is for Jews!
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Why is 2001: A Space Odyssey in there? I mean, they wouldn't put Fahrenheit 451 in there, or a 1984 movie, or perhaps Animal Farm, God forbid? Do they really think they were based on the present?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by Kensai

These movies are meant to entertain, not to inform. Regardless of the historical accuracy, Gladiator and Braveheart were still awesome movies.
Quote by goldmember1217
300 completely butchered the real tale of the Battle of Thermopylae.

There, I said it.

I hate people like you.

Seriously.

IT'S BASED ON A FUCKING COMIC BOOK.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Schindler's List.

Where in the hell were the clowns?

Oh god, this cracked me up so much...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Braveheart is one of my favourite films
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Quintessence153

These movies are meant to entertain, not to inform. Regardless of the historical accuracy, Gladiator and Braveheart were still awesome movies.

They both sucked ass.

Ok they didn't. In fact, I saw Gladiator more than five times. Russel Crowe was awesome.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by goldmember1217

There, I said it.

everyone knows that

300 was based off of a graphic novel, it wasn't trying to teach a history lesson.

that's the problem with this list, it acts like these movies tried to re-tell history when in reality they are just meant to entertain.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
ok where the funk was U571 in that list???

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by goldmember1217

There, I said it.

Well yeah but it was based on a comic book so yeah....
Quote by goldmember1217

Comic books= reality. DUH.

Yep so do you agree with the super hero initiative
Quote by Absent Mind
ok where the funk was U571 in that list???

well, quite. i think U571 is probably a prime example, because the inaccuracy of it is actually incredibly offensive, given the lack of credit it gives to people who are still living.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
They put 2001 in without A ClockWork Orange.

Both were set in the future when the books/films were made.
Page 1 of 4