I've been playing guitar for probably an average of 30 min a day for about 6 months now. I know most, if not all, open chords, barre chords(although not completely clear yet), more funky open chords like maj9s, power chords, most scales on the bottom three strings, getting better at improv and quick picking, steady, although a bit slow, fingerpicking...working more with applying techniques like slurs. So, how am I doing, given the facts I don't practice as much as I should, but have musical knowledge and other instruments before guitar(piano, drums, vocals, basic bass)?
well I've been playin for 7 goin on 8 months
and I can play Hendrix stuff and whatever comes before it
but I'm not so speedy
I am starting to get 6 finger tapping and **** like that tho
But I've also been playin for a couple hours a day even up to 5 or 6 if I don't have a life

but you have an advantage over me
I know like 4 chords 0 scales and nothing else
but I don't want to learn that stuff cuz I feel it will influence my playing abilities away from my original style
Quote by Code-E
well I've been playin for 7 goin on 8 months
and I can play Hendrix stuff and whatever comes before it
but I'm not so speedy
I am starting to get 6 finger tapping and **** like that tho
But I've also been playin for a couple hours a day even up to 5 or 6 if I don't have a life

but you have an advantage over me
I know like 4 chords 0 scales and nothing else
but I don't want to learn that stuff cuz I feel it will influence my playing abilities away from my original style

yes but learning stuff like that can improve your playing and with scales it is alot easy to make up solos and stuff.

not to sound like a teacher or anything.