I picked up a Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face (the reissue) a little while ago. It works great, but I find when placed after my Crybaby wah (when it's on), the sound becomes unbearably trebly and screechy...its a bassy effect to begin with, with is why I was surprised to see this happen. However, when the Fuzz Face is before the wah (when it's on), the sound is great.

I use a TS-808 Tubescreamer as well. I place it after the wah, which is usually the way to go with overdrive/distortion, right? The Tubescreamer sounds fine like that, but when the Fuzz Face is set up next in line, the sound is all treble, and pretty much painful.

Did anyone ever experience this with this product, or other fuzz face product? Did I maybe get a defective product? I'm currently designing a permanent pedalboard, so I really need to find a fixed chain for my effects...right now, excluding the rest of my effects, the chain is:
fuzz ---> wah ---> tubescreamer ---> amp

Thanks for any input,
James

PS ~ To be completely clear, the treble problems occur when the fuzz + wah are both on (with or without the tubescreamer), and the fuzz is before the wah. Also, my cables, guitar and amp are not an issue. I also don't think the wah is the problem, or any batteries. Thanks!
My Equipment

Parker Hornet (PM-20)
Fender: HotRod Deluxe (40 Watt)
Dunlop: CryBaby Wah-Pedal (GCB-95)
Boss: Phase Shifter (PH-3)
Ibanez: Tube Screamer (TS 808)
MXR 10-Band EQ (M-108)
Dunlop Fuzz Face (JDF2)
SKB Stage Five Pedalboard
well done

you experimented with the order of pedals in order to eliminate problems, and didnt make a whiney thread clogging up my night, asking what to do about it.

kudos for figuring it out yourself

as for the treble. i think some things just sound better in different orders. your wah is a filter, and that probably reacted badly with the circuitry of the fuzz
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I get this with my Crybaby and Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz. t's a Crybaby, it's made to be trebly. Also, the Crybaby's not really fuzz friendly, unlike Teese wahs, etc. You might wanna roll the pot back on the wah, to make the transition between bass and treble smoother, and to roll off the excessive treble.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Same thing happens when I put my 535Q before my sun face. Its a really really horrible sound, thin and feedbacky. I agree with rhcp_freak that crybabys aren't the most fuzz friendly wahs. But it doesn't sound bad having it after the fuzz. I really wish I had a Tesse though, they are amazing.
Quote by Kino22x
Same thing happens when I put my 535Q before my sun face. Its a really really horrible sound, thin and feedbacky. I agree with rhcp_freak that crybabys aren't the most fuzz friendly wahs. But it doesn't sound bad having it after the fuzz. I really wish I had a Tesse though, they are amazing.

Yeah, I have to use my Crybaby after my fuzz now. I think I'll probably mod mine, to save money on a kickass wah.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Most fuzzes you want to put it first in the chain
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Maybe try an EQ pedal in between the fuzz and wah and cut out the high end a little
Your wah needs to be modded, that's pretty much all you can do.

Unless you wanna ditch your fuzz.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Ok, I figured my Crybaby might be the problem, mainly because it isn't really the best wah available. So it looks like I'll design my pedalboard with the fuzz first, because I couldn't ditch it And when I upgrade to a better wah, I'll try and mess with the order of effects again, hopefully I can work it out on the pedalboard if I switch the chain around. Thanks for all your help, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was way too trebly.
James
My Equipment

Parker Hornet (PM-20)
Fender: HotRod Deluxe (40 Watt)
Dunlop: CryBaby Wah-Pedal (GCB-95)
Boss: Phase Shifter (PH-3)
Ibanez: Tube Screamer (TS 808)
MXR 10-Band EQ (M-108)
Dunlop Fuzz Face (JDF2)
SKB Stage Five Pedalboard
Well, most wahs just DON'T have an output buffer.

There's nothing wrong with the GCB-95, technically - with some mods, it can be a good wah. Pretty much EVERY wah, with the exception of the Colorsound inductor-less wahs, the Tycobrahe Parapedal wah, and some DIY inductor-less designs, have essentially the exact same circuit, with some minor differences.

The only real big differences between the "Crybaby" circuit wahs are the pots and inductors. Otherwise, it's all tiny differences in resistor values and capacitor values and material.
the GCB-95F doesent have a buffer curcuit- it comes with DPDT switching stock + a fasel inductor. the down side is that it is extreemly hard to mod...