Poll: What amp will suit my needs the best?
Poll Options
View poll results: What amp will suit my needs the best?
Peavey ValveKing 112
0 0%
Peavey ValveKing 212
1 11%
Peavey Classic 30
5 56%
Palamino V 32
1 11%
B 52 At 112
1 11%
Epiphone Blues Custom 30 watt
0 0%
Other: Please Recommend
1 11%
Voters: 9.
So I am looking for a new amp.
I play stuff like Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer, Dream Theater, RHCP, Pink Floyd. I need cleans! I will be playing venues like a small auditorum and a school gym. I want a nice tube amp for a decent price. I don't know all that much about amps, so I'm asking for your guys help!

Here are a few that I have been looking at:

Peavey ValveKing 112 $400

Epiphone Blues Custom 30 Watt $550

Peavey Classic 30 112 $600

Peavey Valveking 212 $600

B 52 AT 112 $550

Palamino V32 30 watt $500

Any other recommendations are welcome as long as they are about around these prices.
Quote by davedoom
ebay. seriously.

classic 30. then.

I've been looking around ebay, but I'm not so sure I trust it.
ebay is a fine place to buy gear if you know what to look for and what to consider. I would personally go for the V32 because it has a little more gain than the Classic 30 and is basically the same thing. Just make you buy a used one. It will be cheaper AND will most likely be made in the USA instead of Vietnam like the newer ones.
Look into Traynor amps they have some really nice ones
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Sounds like you've got a sensible idea what you want there, good job. The Classic 30 is probably your best bet, certainly head and shoulders above the rest.

My usual advice is to check out the classifieds for less popular old Mesa Boogies like DCs and maybe even F-series. I know the Boogie stereotype is usually of metalheads and posers, but they're the most versatile and giggable amps around, definitely worthy of closer inspection. Have a look at the Laney VC30 too, or a used AC30 if you can find one.
Quote by kyle62
Sounds like you've got a sensible idea what you want there, good job. The Classic 30 is probably your best bet, certainly head and shoulders above the rest.

My usual advice is to check out the classifieds for less popular old Mesa Boogies like DCs and maybe even F-series. I know the Boogie stereotype is usually of metalheads and posers, but they're the most versatile and giggable amps around, definitely worthy of closer inspection. Have a look at the Laney VC30 too, or a used AC30 if you can find one.

The Classic 30 will be loud enough right?
The Classic 30 will suit your needs, nice cleans and smooth lead channel. It's no Boogie, so don't expect to be getting any Petrucci-like tones.
Alright, thanks for all of your help! I just bought a Peavey Classic 30 on ebay for $365.10! I can't wait till it gets here!

The guy bought it in 2004, so should I change the tubes?