So I decided I'm just going to save my money to get an amp and some pedals. I'm hoping to get a job soon, so I'll be able to stretch the budget more. I figure about $600 will be sufficient for a good amp and 2 or 3 good pedals. As far as the amp goes, I want one that will have good clean sound to it. The distortion on the amp doesn't matter. For distortion, I plan to get a pedal. I tend to gravitate to hard rock and metal, so a good one for that will do. I also want a chorus pedal and a phaser. Can anybody help me out?
As far as an amp, get some sort of used Fender all-tube amp. Maybe with something like a ZW overdrive, you could get some hard tones out of it. A Boss chorus and phaser would be good, just as general ideas.
try a vox ac15 and a line 6 dl4 pedal. And a holy grail. That sounds sweet combined.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Check out my sig thats what I use and it sounds stellar.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
For hard rock and metal, Boss GT-8/Line 6 PODxt/Vox Tonelab LE (more of a classic rock sound) through a Tech 21 power engine.

The stuff posted above should sound nice, too, I just wanted to post a different approach.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
just get an analog solid state

i mean if you prefer usuing pedals for distortion rather than using your amp, than you might as well

jazz chorus (reat cleans on this amp), something from tech 21 or maybe randall will work

EDIT: oh and for pedals, well really good pedals are expensive, just get an average pedal and mod it (kits from monte allums are cheap and great)
Last edited by STriNG-RaY at Mar 21, 2008,