I'm trying to get like a deep bassy sound, almost tuba-like like in Getting Better by the Beatles. Help?
Rest the side of your hand on the strings right at the bridge. Make sure it covers 3 or 4 strings. Then pluck with your thumb. I have no idea if that's what you're looking for but that's the reggae thumpy style of playing.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Palm muting should help a lot. James Jamerson stuck some cork or something next to his bridge to do this.

From what I've heard, the bass came with a piece of foam under the strings in front of the bridge. He figured the company meant it to be there and aren't we glad that he did.
That's not a palm muted bass line. Not at all. Palm muted bass lines are very percussive and clicky - the best examples I can think of are "Tommy Can You Hear Me" and "Sparks" by The Who.

What you have there sounds like a hollowbody short scale bass with flats. Or, maybe even nylon tapewounds. Either way, you need some significant treble roll off and little more.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
That's not a palm muted bass line. Not at all. Palm muted bass lines are very percussive and clicky - the best examples I can think of are "Tommy Can You Hear Me" and "Sparks" by The Who.

What you have there sounds like a hollowbody short scale bass with flats. Or, maybe even nylon tapewounds. Either way, you need some significant treble roll off and little more.

+fitz.