There are some stuff i need explained.

1. MIDI and Midi footswitches.
What are this? What do they do? And how is it used? What does MIDI stand for? I don't really know how to formulate my question. But I'm talking about

2. Racks with lots of controllers.
How are they used, and what functions do the different things have?

I need some filling information about all this. Some of these questions are a bit overdone, but i want to learn more about racks and things like this.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
bump;/
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

About the other stuff, It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
A MIDI controller/footswitch is used to control all of your rack effects at once.

I'm not really sure how to answer question 2, lol.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by imgooley
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

About the other stuff, It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Do beleive you hit the wrong thread.
Quote by imgooley

HAhahahahahahahaha
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Yeah, Midi Controllers are to control the effects on the rack gear, like a footswitch does for an amp.

Its amazing though. Kirk has all that rack gear and his guitar still sounds like shit.
Last edited by Tom_hatton at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by Tom_hatton
Yeah, Midi Controllers are to control the effects on the rack gear, like a footswitch does for an amp.

Its amazing though. Kirk has all that rack gear and his guitar still sounds like shit.

sig.
You need to do some research on your own, cause this explanation could take 400 pages to really answer the broad wave of topics listed.
Here is a brief start.
I will answer 2 first then one.
2. Rack gear is the professional version of a combo amp and a mess of effect pedels. There is an amp, a pre-amp, a power conditioner and 1 or many efx processors. The amp and pre amp are what all combos have in them and the effects are like the pedals.
1. midi is how devices communicate with eachother ie: a midi pedal board will control some or all of the efx processers allowing one to change up on the fly.

this is a very basic explanation, hope it helps
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!