Right, im a lefty so i have narrowed my next guitar down to these two Jackson dinky or an ibanez RG1570 and play stuff like steve vai, yngwie malmsteen and joe satch.

whats the better one for me?

thanks
I'm guessing it's a DK2L? If that's the case, build quality is about equal, though the Ibby has an arguably better tremolo. However, some find the pickups rather bland. Try them both and see.
Now I can see comparing a Jackson to ESP Jackson to Kramer or Jackson to Charvel but these two guitars have completley different necks and are almost completley different but my imput would be the same as CJROCKER both equal quality but Jackson will sound less bland but these two necks are completly different Jackson forms around your hand and is more comfortible but yet realy fast. Ibanez necks are small and flat and well uncomfortable so try these out before you buy they are completley different.
Personally, I prefer the Jackson, but the best one is the one that feels the best in your hand and sounds the best to your ear.
yea totally a preference, opinion based comparison. Both good choices for the styles listed. the necks (like some one else mentioned above) are completely different. I find some people are Ibanez players and some are jackson. I personally have never fallen in love with a single Ibby, they just don't feel right to me after playing all jacksons for some time. the best advice is to really spend time with each, I have bought guitars after spending 20 min with them and after 2 hours at home realized they werent for me. Sit in the store for at least an hour with each.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Neck is different.. both thin and fast... but the bodies are different basswood (ibby) alder (jackson)
Ibanez stock pickups on the 1570 are not great.. but then again neither are the jacksons.. having owned both I prefer the 1570 ( i sold a dk2l about a year ago cuz I didnt really like the necks contour)
Last edited by notryt at Jun 14, 2012,
Quote by notryt
Neck is different.. both thin and fast... but the bodies are different basswood (ibby) alder (jackson)
Ibanez stock pickups on the 1570 are not great.. but then again neither are the jacksons.. having owned both I prefer the 1570 ( i sold a dk2l about a year ago cuz I didnt really like the necks contour)

Shame you're only 4 years too late....Next time please don't post in an old dead thread.