i dont know what the difference between strings when it comes to bullet end and ball end strings. can someone help.
OH thanks, now i see
i just wanted to switch guitar strings...
i own a hollow body gretsch electromatic, does that mean my guitar is not comatable w/ bullets?
Probably not, your best bet is to just stick with the ball ends.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Bullutes are only usefull for string through body guitar. you could use them but their is really no point
well the point was actually that i needed a gauge around 11 and all the Fender heavy gauges where bullet end, is there any brand of string you can recommend?
bullet end strings on a hollow body guitar with that type of bridge mecnism wuld look like **** anyway.

I always ball end.
Bullet-ends are apparently made for the strat style trem to help keep tuning stable. I remember reading that on the fender site, I think it said they fit better than the ball ends, and the wraps couldn't get caught on the trem, since there are none. Don't quote me on this though.

TS: Look into D'addario, Ernie Ball, GHS, and DR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The bullet ends won't hook on your bigsby -- I like Earnie Ball Regular Slinkys