No New Order thread?

One of the greatest bands of all time, anyone looking to get into them, I'd buy these first:

First Compilation: "Singles"
First Album: "Power, Corruption and Lies"
If you're a Joy Division Fan: "Movement"
First song download: "True Faith"
If you enjoy the compilation: "Low-Life"

Any fans on UG?
I have Substance and Power, Corruption and Lies and they're okay. They've got a couple of good songs but they're no Joy Division. At least, IMO
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I have Substance and Power, Corruption and Lies and they're okay. They've got a couple of good songs but they're no Joy Division. At least, IMO

I wish people would stop comparing them

They're two completely different bands (in terms of sound at least). Joy Division would have become New Order eventually anyways...or so Bernard led us to believe :]
I find their earlier stuff quite close in sound to Joy Division. If I'm honest though, I think they are overlooked because of Joy Division.
eh, ceremony is really the only song i can get into. and probably only because it was a joy division song.
I used to like them, but ever since seeing live clips about 5 years ago I can't listen to them. I've seen multiple live videos and they're all amongst the worst I've ever seen, which is a shame.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
they never clicked with me the way that Joy Division did, although i think i listened to New Order before Joy Division clicked...i'll try them again.
i think they're both great. i actually got into new order first, because they're on the radio and whatnot, and though i will say i like joy division better, new order is pretty prime.

shame about their losing hooky. his "freebass" experiment concerns me...
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
My favorite band at the minute. I own the majority of the CDs, and "Retro" (which has an awesome live disc =]
power coruption and lies and movement are good

I love "Age of Consent" and "Dreams Never End"

Theyre the reason I got those cds in the first place, but the other stuff is pretty good
Quote by iamjosh

shame about their losing hooky. his "freebass" experiment concerns me...

for reals...

I like him and Andy Rourke is great, but a bass supergroup?

Im just not sure how thats gonna turn out...
Quote by dinosaur sr
for reals...

I like him and Andy Rourke is great, but a bass supergroup?

Im just not sure how thats gonna turn out...

I'd imagine terribly. We want moar new Order! >_<