Is there a good distortion pedal that works well not only for tube amp, but also for SS amp? I want to use one that, just in case my Blues Junior is not loud enough (or broke down), I can switch to my CPB150, plug my pedal in, and retain a similar sound.

Pedals I had considered: Tubescreamer (mimic tube well, and makes tube amp distort better), Big Muff Pi, Metal Muff (metal sound), Blues Driver
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
I've seen people use the metal muff on both tube and ss, im not sure how great it sounds but i know its a very popular/very suggested pedal for metal on UG
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I'm a Marshall Guv'nor GV-2 Plus user and I've used it on my Marshall MG30DFX which is solid state, a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL, Marshall Valvestate 100, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and Orange AD30.

I still retain that same brilliant tone, whatever the amp I'm on.
The Blues Driver is an overdrive pedal, but it sounds great with both SS and tube amps. Using an OD with a SS amp isn't really going to give you much of a boost or tighten things up, it'll end up adding more gain and noise.