can anyone tell me any finger exercises for your right and left hand. or any exercises you can do without a bass. Thanks
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
SCALES SCALES SCALES!!!

Seriously man just change up and play different inversions of whatever scale, chromatic, melodic minor, major, whatever scale you want. Except expand going beyond the one octave. If you have a 5 string, you can do 2 octaves easily.
For a good right hand exercise, mute all the strings with your left hand and play steady 16th notes for about 5 minutes on each string. Practice string skipping with it, and gradually speed up.
FOR IRE
how about things w/o a bass?

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

any other suggestions?

Quote by GuitarHero0715

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Stress ball maybe? Or those clamps.

Bad idea, you gain strength but loose flexibility. They can even tie your tendons if you have enough pressure.

I suggest using a 3 finger (right hand) pattern with any scale: use a metronome!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Stress ball maybe? Or those clamps.

Stress ball isn't too bad, but those clamp devices, ugh. Next person who suggests that I will send some rather nice pictures of my drummer/spouses carpal tunnel scars after the surgery. They are terrible and overuse can aggravate tendons and lead to tendinitis and RSI, like carpal tunnel. His orthopedic surgeon hates those devices.

For stretch--check out the websites for CTS or RSI injuries. They have great hand stretching exercises that I use to relieve stress from typing which have also helped me to develop the stretch and limberness to play bass better.
Quote by anarkee
Stress ball isn't too bad, but those clamp devices, ugh. Next person who suggests that I will send some rather nice pictures of my drummer/spouses carpal tunnel scars after the surgery. They are terrible and overuse can aggravate tendons and lead to tendinitis and RSI, like carpal tunnel. His orthopedic surgeon hates those devices.

For stretch--check out the websites for CTS or RSI injuries. They have great hand stretching exercises that I use to relieve stress from typing which have also helped me to develop the stretch and limberness to play bass better.

Really? I never thought of that, but I guess it makes sense. Wouldn't stress balls cause the same types of injuries then?
Fast scales up and down. Just learn all the minor pentatonics or something and bomb those before playing something. You will obvo need a bass for this.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Really? I never thought of that, but I guess it makes sense. Wouldn't stress balls cause the same types of injuries then?

No actually and they give them to patients after surgery. They give a bit more than your usual clamp device and use muscles and tendons differently. In fact here's a quote from one of the CTS medical sites...

"Use a stress ball -- These round foam balls are great at not only exercising your wrist and fingers, but post-surgery they are excellent at rebuilding hand strength."

I didn't mean to jump all over you on that one, Bales. But if I can help one person avoid CTS pain and possible surgery, it will be worth it.
*looks at thread title.*

*sniggers*

Erm. Maybe you could construct some tiny little weights, which you can tie to each finger to individually do some lifting.

If you don't want to be awesome like that, then check out a thing called PowerBall. I found it pretty useful for all the 10 minutes I remembered to use it. I have crap short term memory.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
how would you go about making weights. ive seen them before but they costed way too much just for some stupid finger weights

Quote by GuitarHero0715

?????????????????????????????????

Quote by GuitarHero0715

try doing triplets with your picking hand...i dont pick it i finger it....on one string for like 5 minutes.strike the string in this order....pointer,middle,ring.
play scales while triple plucking.