SO, i'm talkin with my friend and she tells me she has this old crappy guitar just laying under her bed. She wanted to know if it was any good. So i asked what the model was. She rplies with oh is this old crappy fender mustang. I think its a 64'. She then asked her dad, and sure enough it was. I am freaking out at this point.

She brought it in, and as I opened the case I was met with a nicely aged ORIGINAL mustang. I was a tad dissapointed to see that her father had added a Kahler, a Duncan Invader, and a JB , along with two coil taps. In my mind i was thinking , wow this stabbed the value of this baby in the throat. So i plugged it in and it pretty much outplayed and out-sounded ANY guitar I have ever played.

So what do you think the actual value of it is? I know for a fact it is an original 64 mustang. They took it to a shop and found that it was the oldest serial number traceable as well. The best part is she says she will probably give it to my band to play with. This is like a dream come true.
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
Somewhere in the 2,000-2,500 range.

EDIT: Sometimes it's a little less though (in the 1,000s)
Last edited by thewho65 at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by thewho65
Somewhere in the 2,000-2,500 range.

For cerial?

But seriously, thats a great guitar.
Quote by dogismycopilot
For cerial?

But seriously, thats a great guitar.

Yep, a 60's Mustang goes for around that on Ebay 99% of the time. But I just realized, with all those mods it would probably be under $2,000 (maybe even $1,500).
yeah i had a feeling it would decrease the value by a lot. It still plays like a dream though.
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
Hmm.....well what's going to happen now? Things like this either lead to the "box" of old junk being brought up from the basement leading to thousands of dollars that people pay for old music gear OR someone taking up guitar again . Whats up with this girl bro? She all......you know.....giggidy giggidy goo? She gonna give you a slice of her dough?

But seriously, answer me.
Well if she offers the guitar, ill no question take it, its not gonna sit in any box anytime soon, ill make sure of it. She says she wants to learn but i dont know about that. And if my slice of dough you mean money maybe, and if you mean slice of dough as in "some' then I think she might have a thing for me
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
yeah the body it routed for the kahler and it has a strat pickguard on it in an h/h setup. It looks way better than the original style pickguard IMO. They also replaecd the tuners and im tryin to see if they have those layin around too.
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez