http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-to-Music-Theory/Michael-Miller/e/9781592574377/?itm=3

I am a complete idiot towards music theory on guitar so this book grabbed my attention. The only music theory i know about guitar are the basic chords, the notes on the frets
(ex. note A is the 5th fret on the 6th string). Basically, i have no idea what's going on. I've been playing for 1 year and i am self-taught and i admit i am lost. I just focused on playing Metallica songs. I can play most of their songs except the solos, i can only play like 4 of their solos.

It's been a year and i knew something was wrong and that is i am missing out on music theory. I don't want to memorize tabs anymore, i wanna learn how to improvise.

So what do you guys think of this book? I know there are great sites on the internet about music theory but i am a complete idiot and i get lost when i try to read them.
dude, i know the complete idiot feeling. your not alone.
i would say go for it. how much does it cost?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
dude, i know the complete idiot feeling. your not alone.
i would say go for it. how much does it cost?

$20 bucks, but $17 online. My Barnes and Nobles is like 5 minutes away from me so yea. I might pick this up tonight
i would definatly get it.

but then again im a complete idiot
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
The Complete Idiot's Guide wasn't available in my store so i just picked up this one called Music Theory for Dummies lol. Since they're both for idiots and dummies like me, i still grabbed it hehe.