I realize that these things do take time and practice. I've only been playing about 4 months but I was just wondering with time, practice, and experience, does it get any easier to improvise? I just wanna be able to express myself on the guitar. My thoughts, feelings, mood, etc. I want my playing to reflect what im feeling but it just feels like there is something blocking me. I have a feeling that the "block" is inexperience, and i hope i can get past it one day. What do you guys think? Will this ability come in time? Thanks
Yes. Everything gets better with practice.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Trust me, with practice, you'll find your feet. It'll get easier with time, don't worry. Just keep playing and more importantly, enjoy playing your instrument.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
ya it does i practice for like 7 hours a day and have bin playing for a year and i can totally express my mood on guitar
If your trying to improivse a solo only hit the notes in the scale you're using. And the scale should be in the same key as the rest of the song (For instance if the song is in C Major youll want to be using the C Major scale) Theory really helps original stuff. Rather then just hiting random notes you can hit random notes that sound good together =]
I've never practiced for hours on end, and i'm satisfied with my knowledge and ability to play the instrument. Sometimes I can go days without playing more than 10 minutes at a time
I practiced for hours on end - but recently I've gotten bored and stopped playing entirely. I play cello a lot now.
yeah dude totally what everyone else says....but the main thing is you gotta practice improvising......get the scales or patterns you like to use down and then once you know them well just try to improvise over a rhythm and with time it'll just come natural....but i have noticed that some people can pick up improvising a lot quicker than others and i know because i'm not one of those people so don't give up
Quote by Blackvelvet
If your trying to improivse a solo only hit the notes in the scale you're using. And the scale should be in the same key as the rest of the song (For instance if the song is in C Major youll want to be using the C Major scale) Theory really helps original stuff. Rather then just hiting random notes you can hit random notes that sound good together =]

At first this is fine, but as you get better, you will learn how to use accidentals to create a more interesting solo, with more emotion.
^Agreed. Learning the fretboard was such a help to me. I was no longer restricted to the main pentatonic box, or even the other box pattterns. I could play all over the neck and create the sounds I heard in my head, not just the licks I memorized in the various patterns.
You get better and it sounds better but it never gets easier. If it feels easy you aren't pushing yourself enough to discover new sounds.