Page 1 of 2
i love this guy!
recently aquired his "there's hope" album and its already one of my favourite instrumental guitar albums!
Top lel.
Thought I'd bump this as I've just been listening to his "there's hope" album.

So far I like it. I kept hearing licks that reminded me of Guthrie, which is no bad thing. When I was listening to Texas BBQ I couldn't help but think of rhode island shred.

methinks I'll have to look for his other stuff with James Labrie.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
He's the man who play the guitar in "dance on a vulcano" in the road home of rudess, on of my friends is going to have guitar lessions with him so he is so excited xD by the way marco sfogli is the same of petrucci
^^^ their style is very similar i presume

marco's "theres hope" album reminds me very much of petrucci's "suspended animation".
very similar tone and playing, i think marco's is a bit more listenable though
Top lel.
So, I've been listening to his solo album for a little while...must say I like it His tone is lovely.

How do you say his last name though? I have thought about bringing him up in conversations w/ other guitarist but I don't know how to pronounce his last name. I don't want to look like an idiot mispronouncing his name horribly.

Edit; Btw, I have come to the conclusion that it isn't pronounced polo.
Last edited by Nacho Cheese! at Dec 13, 2008,
yeh his tone is awesome!
i must aquire something similar, any idea what gear hes using?

not a clue either lol
Top lel.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
How do you say his last name though?

It's a bit weird to explain to non-Italians (especially the way that the G is pronounced), but just say "Svol-yee" and you'll be on the right track.
Quote by the memory
yeh his tone is awesome!
i must aquire something similar, any idea what gear hes using?

I know he uses Mesa amps but I'm not sure I know what model, looks like he uses a Lone Star in some videos I've seen but I'm really not sure.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Also, listen to him in the Alex Argento (his keyboardist) solo album "Ego", some sick jazz-fusion stuff going on around there. His phrasing and technique is jaw dropping.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by DaFjory
It's a bit weird to explain to non-Italians (especially the way that the G is pronounced), but just say "Svol-yee" and you'll be on the right track.

Thanks man.

Also, listen to him in the Alex Argento (his keyboardist) solo album "Ego", some sick jazz-fusion stuff going on around there. His phrasing and technique is jaw dropping.

I might just have to see is I can get a hold of that.
he reminds me of guthrie govan a bit
especially with the song texas BBQ

makes me think of guthrie's "rhode island shred"
ahha
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
he reminds me of guthrie govan a bit
especially with the song texas BBQ

makes me think of guthrie's "rhode island shred"
ahha

He reminds me of Guthrie too...I think it has to do with his tone. They are similar, probably closer then their phrasing.
Very similar style to Cesar Huesca and Gustavo Guerra

I guess the south americans have a particular style of guitar
Quote by Jimi-is-god
Very similar style to Cesar Huesca and Gustavo Guerra

I guess the south americans have a particular style of guitar

Isn't Sfgoli Italian? Rephrase that...Sfgoli is Italian.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
Isn't Sfgoli Italian? Rephrase that...Sfgoli is Italian.

yeh im pretty sure he is lol

ive been meaning to check out his session work, any recommendations?
Top lel.
Quote by the memory

ive been meaning to check out his session work, any recommendations?

+1 I'm still yet to check out his other work.

Does anyone know if he is planning another album for this year? Or maybe a tour?
666 views?

Anyway, I heard of this guy a long time ago.

I can't find any tabs of his...
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by the memory
theres some tabs on this site!

one for "still hurts" which is amazing

I've noticed some mistakes just in the beginning areas. It is pretty ****ing close though.
incase ya'll haven't noticed, he uploaded a new song on his myspace, apparently off of his upcoming solo album

http://www.myspace.com/marcosfogli

the song is titled "The Reaction".

I've been listening to it for a while now, and I really like it alot.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Jun 9, 2009,

Part of it made me think of Buckethead for some reason. Not his crazy tapping but some of Bucket's riffing style popped into mind for some reason. Maybe it is because I was just listening to him. Listen to the parts around 20 seconds in, thats what I'm talking about.

That's a good song though.
hmmm I didn't hear it the last time through but you might be right.

Also I now have it on my Ipod...

I just wish the new album would come quickly, Marco Sfogli is one of the artists I prefer buying the albums from
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Sounded very petruccesque, which is good , I will certainly give this guys album a listen.
sounds very cool

pretty petrucci-like, but much more listenable. probably because he doesnt ruin it with massive altnerate picking runs!

i like though!
Top lel.
Quote by Slicer666
hmmm I didn't hear it the last time through but you might be right.

I'm thinking that it was that I was just listening to it. It mostly just sounds like a riff that Bucket would use.
I think his style is quite similar to JP i mean just listen to the end of that Andromeda video, it has Dream Theater written all over it. The keyboard transition is undeniable. However this is not necessarily a bad thing! he's an awesome player i really like the work he does with James Labrie
well he is a fan of petrucci (and andy timmons, and nu metal ) so it's not surprising.

also, here's a vid of him covering "echo" by Satriani:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qDPXqklDC0
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Zanon
I think his style is quite similar to JP i mean just listen to the end of that Andromeda video, it has Dream Theater written all over it. The keyboard transition is undeniable. However this is not necessarily a bad thing! he's an awesome player i really like the work he does with James Labrie

My thoughts exactly. It starts to someone sound like Erotomania, or something very Awake-sh...

But this guy is amazing. That fast alternate picking lick that sounds like sweeping sounds so... fascinating? I can't think of a good word. But what more important is his amazing phrasing.. especially on that improv video..
does anyone think texas BBQ sounds very inspired but guthrie govan's rhode island shred?
Top lel.
could very well be, don't know any govan

oh btw, new vids on youtube, including a new song, which melted my face off.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Page 1 of 2