Hey guys

Back again with a new TLCD song.
7 string fuelled br00talz with heavy All That Remains and Meshuggah influence, and a bit of Lamb of God - Black Label thrown in there for good measure.

Schecter Omen 7 --> Peavey 5150 mkII --> Shure SM57 --> Yamaha UW500
XLN Audio Addictive Drums.

Layed down some vocals today.
AKG Perception 200 --> ART Tube MP --> Yamaha UW500

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=774890&songID=6385744

Crit 4 Crit,

Cheers!

Edit: Re-recorded the chorus, worked on the mix more.
Last edited by Dream Pin at Mar 22, 2008,
Very good instrumentally, the vocals and soloing could use a little improvement, but otherwise it's awesome!

I'd definately see you guys live
Quote by Våd Hamster
Very good instrumentally, the vocals and soloing could use a little improvement, but otherwise it's awesome!

I'd definately see you guys live

Which song did you listen to? There's no vocals in this song yet haha
DUDE. excellent stuff. I really liked it a lot, heard a bit of Kalmah influence in there as well. Really really good ideas, I liked the keys in there as well. Vocals sounded great. Yeah there were vocals. It was Mea Culpa, right? Love the breakdown. Wicked wicked song. Can't really complain too much about it, for anything. Excellent, keep this up and keep me posted on any other recordings you end up doing! I'd love to check them out.

Thanks for the crit, btw.
Crit as I eat a cream egg:

Nice toan. Perhaps not brutally distorted enough, but still nice. Like the harmony on the riff. Wow, great vocals, really. Not sure about that lead coming in over the top, maybe it's just mixed a little high... Nice chorus, although not to my taste; reminded me of Linkin Park's earlier stuff. Great breakdown, I can certainly imagine a wall of death there

Overall, very well written. My only criticisms would have to be the guitar sound; not quite brutal enough. Very well recorded and written otherwise. Some shreddy lead-work certainly wouldn't go amiss, although I can understand if you didn't want any.

And thanks for your opinions on mine
Great thrashy tone, great intro lead, I love those type of lead breaks in this genre. Is your vocalist using the inward way of screaming or the outer ( not very technical I know) Because some of the throat vocals sound very "fake".. He has some solid cleans though. I like the steady verse riff and that lead, just kicks your ass lol. Your drummer is solid. Just some overall great stuff. I feel the breakdown at teh end is very unnecessary, but not a huge deal or anything

Crit Mine:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817331

thanks
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by RSpahr16
DUDE. excellent stuff. I really liked it a lot, heard a bit of Kalmah influence in there as well. Really really good ideas, I liked the keys in there as well. Vocals sounded great. Yeah there were vocals. It was Mea Culpa, right? Love the breakdown. Wicked wicked song. Can't really complain too much about it, for anything. Excellent, keep this up and keep me posted on any other recordings you end up doing! I'd love to check them out.

Thanks for the crit, btw.

There weren't vocals when I uploaded it, but I did some today and updated the soundclick file.

And thanks! :]

Quote by Vermintide
Crit as I eat a cream egg:

Nice toan. Perhaps not brutally distorted enough, but still nice. Like the harmony on the riff. Wow, great vocals, really. Not sure about that lead coming in over the top, maybe it's just mixed a little high... Nice chorus, although not to my taste; reminded me of Linkin Park's earlier stuff. Great breakdown, I can certainly imagine a wall of death there

Overall, very well written. My only criticisms would have to be the guitar sound; not quite brutal enough. Very well recorded and written otherwise. Some shreddy lead-work certainly wouldn't go amiss, although I can understand if you didn't want any.

And thanks for your opinions on mine

Cream eggs are good.

And thanks. And yeah, mix is still WiP. And yeah, the breakdown was very Black Label inspired, the ultimate wall of death song ;]

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Great thrashy tone, great intro lead, I love those type of lead breaks in this genre. Is your vocalist using the inward way of screaming or the outer ( not very technical I know) Because some of the throat vocals sound very "fake".. He has some solid cleans though. I like the steady verse riff and that lead, just kicks your ass lol. Your drummer is solid. Just some overall great stuff. I feel the breakdown at teh end is very unnecessary, but not a huge deal or anything

Crit Mine:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817331

thanks

I do vocals for this band. And it's all exhales. The really long screeches I have a weird technique for thats kinda cheating, but it's still an exhale.
And **** inhales. Exhale or GTFO :]
I re-recorded the chorus not long ago cos I wasn't happy with it. I'll probably update the soundclick file later.

And of course the breakdown is unnecessary. That's what's so awesome about it >

i don't really like the effects put on the clean vocals.

everything else is pretty cool. the mix is a little sparse, but it's a work in progress
umm..not a big fan of your vocalist, maybe its just me.

riffs are ok i guess, kind of drawn out but w/e...the effects are pretty unoriginal tho...a lot of bands use the same ones...consider taking them out and adding some new twist lol.

Solo for sure needs work hehe, if you want your band to make it in the heavy metal world, you need some epic solos.

great job tho...I can see you guys have put a lot of effort into it.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Yay! Another 7 string man!

Anyway, on to business. This is really heavy! All of the guitar work is great, including the solo, which is proof that speed isn't everything. Thank God, Allah and Buddha that someone is finally doing the death metal scream correctly! Very Hypocrisy. Very well done! The singing was also great. Love the breakdown at the end.

My only advice is to add a bass guitar to the mix. That way, it'll sound 1000 times heavier.

Overall, a great track!

Here's my stuff if you wanna listen;
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853253
i wasn't crazy about the seven string tone. just a little to loud, and tone could use work, wasn't very spongy. maybe turn the mids down a bit? idk. the chorus was good. i like the lead tone in the chorus. screams were pretty cool.

overall, good work, but guitar tone and mix could use a bit of work...

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853303
Too cool for a signature.
Dude, this sounds cool as ****! Didn't really like the tone on the rhythm guitar. All the vocals sounded good to me, the screams were wild! Maybe you could have EQ'd the drums with more bass in the breakdown to make it sound heavier.

c4c? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840469
Gear:
Fender Diamond Anniversary Stratocaster
Washburn Dime V Pro
Peavy Bandit 112
Fender Frontman 15R

A few of my originals can be found at

www.bebo.com/artificial-reality
Last edited by poona at May 8, 2008,
that was some good ****
yeah agreed that the drums need some equalization. and it was a bit loud which over-powered the song in my opinion.
that song was good overall
but the rhythm guitar tone was very muddy.
the tone couldve been tighter sounding. but anyway good song. very lamb of god-like.
Christ I hadn't noticed people had posted in this thread!
Last posted it got was a couple of months ago.

nvranka:
You don't like my vocals? aw :P
as for everything else, I can't really argue with it (too much :P)
the effects are pretty commonplace, delay, telephone effects, but they're classics for a reason IMO. To each his own I suppose.
I improv'd the solo when I demo'd it, to leave our guitarist to write his own solo, but he liked it, and I liked it too. He can play fast when he needs/wants to, but sometimes its just not required, y'know?
Some of our other tunes could definately benefit from some shred though ha :]

Guitar Monkey:
Thanks, and there is a bass, and I can guarantee you'd notice if it wasn't there.
Before we recorded bass, it was a distinctly empty sounding recording.
It's definately there, and I can hear it on these speakers (which have a pretty bad bass response.) I've been mixing bass higher and higher every recording. It'll get there eventually I spose
Also, the lower growls are all our bassist's. I can reach low pitches too, but his just sound ****ING MEAN! We call them "Chucks" because they're his attempt at reaching the pitches Chuck from Death reached. He can't do highs haha. He can do Nile-esque **** too, but his "Chucks" are brutal. Everything else is me, I'm a much more mid-range vocalist. And I like my screeches.

Chrisatgrace:
This was the first thing I recorded with my 7 string. Dialling in 7 string tones was new to me.
Also, the tone I *RECORDED* with had pretty dipped mids. Around 3.5 on the mids dial. But I was still battling with my micing position, so it was fizzy. When my 5150 fizzes miced up, it overpowers everything. I had to add ****LOADS of mids in to make it not fizz. I've fixed that now (by accident.) Last night, I miced it up and put the mic where I *THOUGHT* it was half way between the center of the speaker and the edge (where I usually put it) but it was right on the edge of the speaker. No untamable fizz. Had the treble knob at like 7 last night, it just sounded clear, not fizzy. Means I can start dippin them mids and get nice results

poona:
Thanks. Yeah muddy tone :\ It's a result of the amount of **** I used to do to my guitars in the mix to get them to sound anything less than apalling. It's getting better.
And yeah the screams were not only wild, but some of them quite painful. Bad screech technique, my bad ;]
Also, yeah, been working on my drum mixes, this was the first one I did where the drums sounded up front and not distant and generally ****ty.
They're getting better and better all the time now.

CFH: too loud? funny I thought the drums were mostly too quiet haha
and yeah the laid to rest cover SHOULD be damn close, we all know the song inside ****ing out.

and finally
ch715dallat:

I'll get around to c4c tomorrow probably guys, cos it's 3:49am here haha!