I know it can't by it self, but what would you guys recommend? I have a GT-8, will it do it?

Thanx
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
ok i own the gt-8 and i am here to say that you don't need a palomino to get a great metal tone. i get a great metal tone, along with a variety of other genres, with the gt-8 and a p.a. system.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by sabres61
ok i own the gt-8 and i am here to say that you don't need a palomino to get a great metal tone. i get a great metal tone, along with a variety of other genres, with the gt-8 and a p.a. system.

I know, but i don't want to carry a "PA" system with me , i want to carry a portable, not too loud, tube amp.

Quote by acdcrocks0323
The GT-8 would do it but it wouldn't be advisable to use its OD with the amps OD.

I'm kind of loss? So i shouldn't put the gain up, only like 1 or 2? Sorry just miscommunication on my part
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 21, 2008,
^ohh, like the time when i didn't know that i was on the lead channel on my peavey classic 50, i was like "hmmm, that doesn't sound right, in fact it sound bad"
Ok, thanx got you.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by Silky Smooth
It can by itself if you have a decent OD pedal to push it

Doesn't that statement contradict itself? --'by itself' 'od pedal to push it'

no matter though, you're right I believe. Here's some guy with a V8 and a TS...

it really depends how metal you're thinking
^haha, i watch that vid like 30x before asking this question because i think it kind of lack the bass or low end. That's probably because of the speaker also, i did try it out in GC today it sound good but i didn't turn it up because the GC was so quite for some reason when i step in and i didn't want to play too loud, and i was shy . So i guess tommorow i will turn it up 12'oc on the volume and the gain to almost full or full
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^Ya i know about the 10 inch but im getting the v16 which have 12 inch speaker, and i got a good Guitar which i have played around with the tone knob and it sounded like i was using a muff when i turn the tone low
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
The v16 will be able to pull off metal with an OD, and there's another vid of it with a asian kid playing metal with a bad monkey. But, keep in mind it won't have the most clarity, tho if its cranked you'll get those crazy pinch harmonics super easy.

And if you are gonna use the gt-8 for the distortion then you could just use it on the clean channel of the classic 50 you have.
Quote by guitar/bass76
Doesn't that statement contradict itself? --'by itself' 'od pedal to push it'

no matter though, you're right I believe. Here's some guy with a V8 and a TS...

it really depends how metal you're thinking

It doesn't contradict in the fact that the sound is still just the amp natural tone

The pedal just pushes the amps tubes a bit harder and compresses it.
Quote by Silky Smooth
It doesn't contradict in the fact that the sound is still just the amp natural tone

The pedal just pushes the amps tubes a bit harder and compresses it.

Gotcha'. I was just saying that 'by itself' led one to imagine you simply crank the volume...but whatever - everyone's right.

Not to hijack your thread ts, but how do you like the c-1 blackjack? I'm giving thought to a new guitar but versatility is a must - just how versatile would you say it is?
Very versatile dude, the 59 are good for classic and the JB are good for the metal. 59 can also do blues and jazz, but i don't play those right now but it can do it

Also for the price i got it, it was a steal $280, brand new in the box from Schecter factory itself. Long story short, they didn't have one and i ask, they search and found one for that price
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
The V16, + TS9 + humbucker = thrash/metal. NOT metalcore/grindcore/deathcore, but it will to prog/80's metal.

But it's not designed to! There are better amps for metal. Really.
Im have the V8 and it will do metal with a OD but nothing brootal. I get good Megadeth, Metallica like tones from it with my OD and EQ. I say get the V16 you wont regret it.
Thanx guys, hope i can get it for $200, they r selling it for $252 right now, i think i might get the price because its a floor model but i tried once they didn't but thats like a month ago, so no one is buying it

I just have to haggle that assistant manager, he is such a pain. He is worse than the sale associate! Hope i can see my favorite sale person who give me deal or the manager and show him the cash in front of him!
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W