I was walking to my friend's house today for a game of road hockey when I passed a parked car with a bumper sticker that caught my eye. It said "Support our troops or be prepared to stand in front of Hell." Personally, I do not support the war on terror and though I have very little knowledge on the matter, believe that everything that can be done in Iraq has been accomplished. Being a Canadian, the sticker also made me wonder exactly what supporting the troops means. Does it mean supporting the war? Or does it mean supporting the people working as peace makers in the Middle East. What are your thoughts? Any opinions on the bumper sticker? I realize the war is an extremely watered down topic but this statement made me feel a little sick.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
political thread, yes?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Well.. Usually since they're magnets, I think it means you support the troops right now.. If you change your mind about supporting the spread of democracy later on, you can easily take it off your car with no trouble at all.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
supporting the troops means u wish them well and no harm comes to them, regardless whether or not u are for or against the war
supporting the troops and supporting the war are two different things.

i support both but there's nothing wrong with wanting them to come back (so they wont get their butts blown to pieces, that could be counted as supporting them, right?).

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Supporting the troops to me does not mean supporting the war, the politics involved with it, or any of that ****. To me, it simply means showing them you're still there for them, they won't come home and get spit on, they'll get sent cards from random people just to show that they care. To simply put it, you support them. If you wanted to support the war, you'd say you Support the War.
hell yes support the troops and any war there in.....god dam*it they dont get paid to sit at home and do nothing....its wat they signed up for
Quote by nt1440
supporting the troops means u wish them well and no harm comes to them, regardless whether or not u are for or against the war

pretty much my thoughts.

you should always support your troops, but you don't always have
to support the war. no one should be wished dead. not that that's
possible but...i had a point when i first started this but i soon lost it.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by purplebeat
hell yes support the troops and any war there in.....god dam*it they dont get paid to sit at home and do nothing....its wat they signed up for

Wut?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
No, it means support the troops themselves, sure they joined the military, but many of them think that its a bull**** war too

Edit: has nothing to do with supporting the war
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent