Page 1 of 2
the left side of my ribcage is bugging me. Every time I exhale, or do anything to contract muscles near there (flexing abs, etc) or even lifting my left arm it hurts. Oh, and I have a cough, so whenever I contract to cough it kills. It's been like this for awhile, feeling like they got bruised (and I don't know how that happened in the first place).

But recently (10 minutes ago) a coughed a nice hard one, and now it's worse. So what gives? Do I just have bruised muscles in that area from coughing way too much over the past couple fews, or possibly pulled one?

I doubt I have broken/fractured a rib (even though my bones apparently break like nothing) because it would hurt much much more.

Anyways, I just panic over nothing a lot.
Super AIDS.
You'll be dead within the week.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by rorythefaggot
Super AIDS.

yup, most likely
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Stop breathing
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Make a 3 inch incision between the 3rd and 4th abdominal muscle... or talk to people besides us e-doctors.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Well you should be able to figure out whether its your muscles or a bone. There ain't much muscle around the ribs area really so it might be your bones. Sound bruised but you may have a small fracture or something. It is a fine line sometimes.
Quote by rorythefaggot
Super AIDS.

thirded. i've seen it countless times before.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by SilentDeftone
You need to let out a massive fart.

-SD

that's actually very close to reality... my bet would be that you have some air that's bugging you.. and yeah, you DO have to let out a massive fart.. or go to the restroom ... quick

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by We'realltoBlame

hahahahahaha
LOL

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by an epic mistake
thirded. i've seen it countless times before.

It's pretty sad, the way they just drop...dead...
Who dat?
Quote by We'realltoBlame

That's pretty clever for an Indiana boy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by We'realltoBlame

I love you!! thats the greatest.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by rorythefaggot
Super AIDS.

I concur most likely aids, or you could have the plague...
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by SilentDeftone

-SD

Actually I farted a couple seconds after I posted, and it hurt to fart as well. Because I has to contract to get it out.
ok take a big knife and just stick it on the other side then u'll focus on that pain instead
Quote by Jackal58

That's pretty clever for an Indiana boy.

Thank y-hey! What's that supposed to mean?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by SilentDeftone

-SD

I needed to do that last week, felt like I had a hernia....

As for your chest, go see a doctor if its been going on a while, whenever I've had pains around my ribs its usually because I slept awkwardly or hit them, something that tends to go away quickly though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by technicolour
Actually I farted a couple seconds after I posted, and it hurt to fart as well. Because I has to contract to get it out.

Breathe as deeply as you can, like you're breathing air down into your intestines and stomach.

It'll hurt, but it will speed up the process.

Also, change positions often. Vary sitting and standing.

-SD
Quote by technicolour
Hmmmm, I like you silentdeftone, though it hasn't worked yet, it's making me feel nice.

woah?! someone likes SD?

you must be bluffing!
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by Anarion614
It's pretty sad, the way they just drop...dead...

i had one die in my arms, he had just said how he wanted to... Ohh i just cant take it!

*cries hysterically for days*

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
i had the same problem
you could have bent your back in some way and that it pulling on the muscles in your ribs so this puts a lot of stress on them.
you should get it checked out.
Quote by C O B H C
I do believe so. I think heard it on TV once upon a time.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck was I watching on TV that had to do with ass hair?

Quote by sum_ugly_man

ndogg, is actually a kitty

Quote by jeff541
thanks ndogg.

/thread.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I applaud thee.
Pleurisy? This is an infection of the linings (parietal and visceral pleural membranes) that line inbetween your lungs and rib cage.

Can I ask what type of pain you feel when you breath in and out? If it is a sharp, piercing pain, that could be it.

I'm only a 1st year medical student though so I don't really know much about the respiratory system yet. It shouldn't be anything to do with your heart I imagine anyway.
go blow your load 3 times at least you'll be haveing fun before the super aids get you
Quote by SilentDeftone

-SD

This is probably it. No joke. Vigorously poke the area between your belly button and your ding-dong (assuming your a dude) while keeping you anal passage open. This always makes me fart. Sometimes you can even drum on that area and create cool rhythms and fart-melodies.

Sometimes the muscles between my ribs will cramp up and I'll have your symptoms. Massaging (sp?) it out usually takes care of it.

If none of the above works, go to a doctor. You may have pneumonia.
Quote by halfback_712
This is probably it. No joke. Vigorously poke the area between your belly button and your ding-dong (assuming your a dude) while keeping you anal passage open. This always makes me fart. Sometimes you can even drum on that area and create cool rhythms and fart-melodies.

Sometimes the muscles between my ribs will cramp up and I'll have your symptoms. Massaging (sp?) it out usually takes care of it.

If none of the above works, go to a doctor. You may have pneumonia.

This man is also an expert on giving himself a prostate massage.
It's possible that you do have a hairline fracture in your ribs and you don't know it (can happen from sneezing too hard). You really should have a doctor take a look at it. Or you could, ya know, try out the whole fart melody idea too...
you need more pokemon
A man that falls to his knees is a man of disease.
Could be cracked, or if it's toward the lower part of the ribcage, it could be a cartilage deformity. Get an X-Ray, they'll tell you exactly what's wrong for a nominal fee.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by technicolour
the left side of my ribcage is bugging me. Every time I exhale, or do anything to contract muscles near there (flexing abs, etc) or even lifting my left arm it hurts. Oh, and I have a cough, so whenever I contract to cough it kills. It's been like this for awhile, feeling like they got bruised (and I don't know how that happened in the first place).

But recently (10 minutes ago) a coughed a nice hard one, and now it's worse. So what gives? Do I just have bruised muscles in that area from coughing way too much over the past couple fews, or possibly pulled one?

I doubt I have broken/fractured a rib (even though my bones apparently break like nothing) because it would hurt much much more.

Sounds like Blue Balls to me. You know what to do.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
1st of all, how the hell did this get bumped? it's incredibly old. I think it was just a result of coughing too much, because it did go away a few days later, and I'm fine now.

As far as having blue balls, I also had that a couple weeks ago, but I solved that problem quick enough.
Page 1 of 2