I've been looking for a new practice amp and I saw this Hughes and Kettner on MF for 50 dollars so I just went for it. Anyone know if I made a good buy or not? Seemed like a good deal to me, but I've never heard this in person.

linky: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-Kettner-Edition-Blu-15-15W-1x8-Combo?sku=480436
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Highly doubt its anything thats actually good. What was the point in buying it, if I may ask.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Why do people always buy stuff and then ask if its good..

Because it was 50 dollars.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by HenryJoe
... why dont you ask if its good then buy it?

What I'm saying is, even if this sucks, it's not really a big loss. It was cheap. And plus, it can't really be worse than the Behringer I'm using currently.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
What I'm saying is, even if this sucks, it's not really a big loss. It was cheap. And plus, it can't really be worse than the Behringer I'm using currently.

If it sucks your out 50 bucks.. How is this not being out anything... What if you purchased 20 items at 50 bucks a piece and they all suck would you still not be out anything....

If i buy something at 5 bucks and it sucks im taking it back... Thats why i always research stuff first because impulse buying is always a bad idea when it comes to electronic and musical equipment..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
If it sucks your out 50 bucks.. How is this not being out anything... What if you purchased 20 items at 50 bucks a piece and they all suck would you still not be out anything....

If i buy something at 5 bucks and it sucks im taking it back... Thats why i always research stuff first because impulse buying is always a bad idea when it comes to electronic and musical equipment..

I must agree.
it's actually alright. I've played one. They even have clips for you to hear on the MF page (and the live sound is very similar to the clips)
A steal for 50 bucks.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My G-400 was actually an impulse buy. I was just so attracted to it I bought it. Thankfully its an amazing guitar.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by darkarbiter7
it's actually alright. I've played one. They even have clips for you to hear on the MF page (and the live sound is very similar to the clips)
A steal for 50 bucks.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it would actually sound anything like that, because I mean, they'll post anything up there if it'll make people buy more amps.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
No prob.
Actually, it's one of the better practice solidstates i've tried.
Kills a little MG combo.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator