Salve.

I was just wondering if any other UGers had a stutter and if you have any tips to beating it.

Mine isn't the typical "b-b-b-b-b-b-but", but more of a "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhy are you fisting my butthole?"

It usually only happens when the first letter of the first word I say starts with a "w". It pisses the **** out of me because I just don't understand why it happens. It comes and goes in phases, and right now its really bad. I have to think of substitutes for things to say when I know that I won't be able to say them.

I have noticed that it occurs less when I am talking with my friends, in contrast to being called on in classes or public speaking. And it doesn't happen when I sing.

Anyone else have one and does anyone know any tricks on how to beat it?

Quote by killsPEACHES
And it doesn't happen when I sing.

Try saying it in your head before you say it out loud. If you know what you're going to say, it's easier to say it.

Ever hear Ozzy talk? Stutters like h-h-h-hell, but sings flawlessly.

Try to tap your foot and talk in rhythm too.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
AIDS.

Sorry.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
its probably just nerves when you get called on
whenever i read in class i turn into a stuttering fool
like ill say stuff twice and stuff
i dont really know how to beat it
Quote by C O B H C
I do believe so. I think heard it on TV once upon a time.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck was I watching on TV that had to do with ass hair?

Quote by sum_ugly_man

ndogg, is actually a kitty

Quote by jeff541
thanks ndogg.

/thread.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I applaud thee.
Quote by killsPEACHES
I have noticed that it occurs less when I am talking with my friends, in contrast to being called on in classes or public speaking. And it doesn't happen when I sing.

Obviously nervousness then. Just breathe, and realise that even if you do mess up, no one really cares.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
N-n-n-n-n-n-no, I don't have a stutter. But I hear Axl Rose does.

WATCH IT BRING YOU TO YOUR kna-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees.

It's terrible, really.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by PlayMadness
Try saying it in your head before you say it out loud. If you know what you're going to say, it's easier to say it.

Ever hear Ozzy talk? Stutters like h-h-h-hell, but sings flawlessly.

Try to tap your foot and talk in rhythm too.

I do that and actually it just makes it worse .
I think that if i just talk without thinking it works, while that is opposite of what most people will tell you to do.
wait, you stutter? totally couldn't tell by the way you type, you sound so normal...
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Obviously nervousness then. Just breathe, and realise that even if you do mess up, no one really cares.

Not exactly true. The way I stutter I will just sit there for a few seconds looking like I have a pole up my ass while I try and get the words out. And if I'm talking to someone who isn't aware of my stutter, they will be like "well out with it" or whatever.

It helps that one of my best friends also has a mild case of tourettes and does pretty much the same exact thing as me, but a little worse. So my friends are used to it.

Also when I'm drunk/high I don't do it.
My niece stutters. She'll say stuff like "Nooo, giv-giv-GIVV-give! me that now!" And I'll tell her to say it again properly, and she'll say that she can't. I'll ask why and she'll say she doesn't know why. It makes me sad to see her to confused and in pain by this, but I can't help.
Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
Quote by Jastul
wait, you stutter? totally couldn't tell by the way you type, you sound so normal...

facepalm
Quote by killsPEACHES
facepalm

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
i think it would be funny if you broke into a song every time you would otherwise stutter. but only for that particularly word.

"<melodious>whyyyyyyyyyyyy</melodious> are you fisting my butthole?"
Quote by Arthur Curry
i think it would be funny if you broke into a song every time you would otherwise stutter. but only for that particularly word.

"<melodious>whyyyyyyyyyyyy</melodious> are you fisting my butthole?"

That actually is a good idea.
i generally only stutter when i'm talkign faster than my brain can think of words to say and its basically the same as a computer freezing or a cd skipping.
I gave rock n' roll to you

Anti-thayer
Sometimes, I'll pronounce words wrong. It's been happening a little more than usual lately and it's pissing me off. But thinking of the words before you say it does help.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by killsPEACHES
I do that and actually it just makes it worse .
I think that if i just talk without thinking it works, while that is opposite of what most people will tell you to do.

Have you tried rhythmic speaking? I know someone who stuttered so much he could barely get a word out.

Now he speaks in all iambic pentameter and he talks fine.

Except he speaks in iambic pentameter.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
I have a friend with exact same problem. Sometimes he doesn't even make a sound with his "w" words, just silently stuttering in a mouthing fashion like he's saying "wuhwuhwuhwuh" w/o anything coming out..if that makes sense.
Quote by glendoom
I have a friend with exact same problem. Sometimes he doesn't even make a sound with his "w" words, just silently stuttering in a mouthing fashion like he's saying "wuhwuhwuhwuh" w/o anything coming out..if that makes sense.

Yeah, that is sorta the same thing with me.
Quote by killsPEACHES
Salve.

I was just wondering if any other UGers had a stutter and if you have any tips to beating it.

Mine isn't the typical "b-b-b-b-b-b-but", but more of a "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhy are you fisting my butthole?"

It usually only happens when the first letter of the first word I say starts with a "w". It pisses the **** out of me because I just don't understand wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhy it happens. It comes and goes in phases, and right now its really bad. I have to think of substitutes for things to say when I know that I won't be able to say them.

FIXED!

j/k. Seriously though, I don't have one but my friend does and his has faded over time. Just practicing public speaking and stuff is the only advice I can give you.
Quote by ProfessorJim
FIXED!

j/k. Seriously though, I don't have one but my friend does and his has faded over time. Just practicing public speaking and stuff is the only advice I can give you.

WRONG. It was in the middle of the sentence. Get your **** right noob. lul
Quote by killsPEACHES
Not exactly true. The way I stutter I will just sit there for a few seconds looking like I have a pole up my ass while I try and get the words out. And if I'm talking to someone who isn't aware of my stutter, they will be like "well out with it" or whatever.

It helps that one of my best friends also has a mild case of tourettes and does pretty much the same exact thing as me, but a little worse. So my friends are used to it.

Also when I'm drunk/high I don't do it.

Set a goal to be high 24/7. That's my goal at least.
Quote by PlayMadness
Have you tried rhythmic speaking? I know someone who stuttered so much he could barely get a word out.

Now he speaks in all iambic pentameter and he talks fine.

Except he speaks in iambic pentameter.

That would be soooo hard to do.
<Han> I love Hitler
my sister had a really bad stutter, to the point where she had to learn to speak some sign language because she couldn't control her voice, but now she speaks fine. i think you'll grow out of it TS
Try wwwwwwwwwikipedia
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
I used to stutter horribly. Now I only stutter on occasion, like when I'm excited or hyper. Which both kinda go hand in hand, sooo...
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by killsPEACHES
Yeah, that is sorta the same thing with me.

I thought so. And he doesn't suffer as much when he's drinking or smoking pot, same as you. He has something he puts in his ear or some weird **** but I have no idea what it is or how it works. My friends and I have gotten so used to his stuttering we just sit there and wait patiently for him, knowing full well how he works through it.

I dunno how to help you man, besides getting blazed but that doesn't solve a lot of problems in most cases, only temporarily overcoming it and feeling better..
i know a guy who stutters.
its so awkward, talking to him.

he has a lot of trouble with m's.
a lot of the time i just dont know what to do when he's speaking, because its always like "you need to go to the mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm eh. whatever." and im like "ohh ****, what do i say now??"
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
i have a studder
it pisses me off some of th time
like when im trying to speak yo
some girls.

edit:its nothing giv giv giv giv give it to me.
and i also slur my words alot
member of ug hatecrew

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Last edited by hatecrew15 at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by instagata0
i know a guy who stutters.
its so awkward, talking to him.

he has a lot of trouble with m's.
a lot of the time i just dont know what to do when he's speaking, because its always like "you need to go to the mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm eh. whatever." and im like "ohh ****, what do i say now??"

Lol one time it was sooooo bad that I had to text my friend what I was trying to say.
Quote by killsPEACHES
Salve.

It usually only happens when the first letter of the first word I say starts with a "w". It pisses the **** out of me because I just don't understand why it happens. It comes and goes in phases, and right now its really bad. I have to think of substitutes for things to say when I know that I won't be able to say them.

i i i i i i i i i have no idea how to b b b b b b b b b beat a stutter.
Quote by Cristiano7
i i i i i i i i i have no idea how to b b b b b b b b b beat a stutter.

Well thanks for your wonderful contribution to the thread. Piece of ****
H h h h h h h h h h hes w w w w w w w w w welcome.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
i don't have a stutter but the voice in my head does

it's like hey m-m-m-ma-a-n
k-k-k-kill ya-ya-your p-p-p-

and by the end I'm just like write it down

if its any consolation champ i have a lisp and just started a job as a logistics inside sales rep, imagine trying to have a job where you make a hundred phone calls a day while still have a speech impediment, not a super strong lisp mind you, but i notice it, and its definitely something im self conscious about

worst case scenario, there are speech coaches at various learning centres and stuff, there's hope for you yet