Ok, i wanna know from people who use Floyd Rose trems. how hard is it to keep your guitar with one on it in tune??? i can't keep mine in tune all thats well...i'm constently tuning on it...i get it tuned start playing and it goes back out of tune while i'm playing.....my bolts up around my neck are tight but it still goes out. i don't get it, i thought the bolts around the top of the neck was suposed to help it stay in tune...... anyone else have this problem?
it say across the trem licenced by floyd rose soo i guess it's a real floyd rose
Quote by Platinum Pro
it say across the trem licenced by floyd rose soo i guess it's a real floyd rose

Its some knock-off. If you could find a picture of it online, post it. Ibanez trems have gone through numerous changes over the past decades and there are some good and some bad. If you can post a picture of it, or find it online, show us and we can identify.
It's is not an original floyd rose then, it is a Licensed one. So the quality of it could range from very bad to close to an original. Do you use your fine tuners after you tighten(don't overtighten, thumb pressure is enough.) the locking nuts? Are they new strings, if so they need to be stretched out first to stay in tune. If none of i said are the problem, them it have a knife edge problem. Try getting a toothpick, get some chapstick on it, the spread it over and around the screws that control the height of the floyd rose. If this doesn't work, then your floyd rose is just a very bad quality one.
i dont have to tune mine if i dont pull up too much. ima get a tremol-no soon because i only really pull up for maybe a few songs, to get different sounds out and when im doing a massive Vibrato
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
It's is not an original floyd rose then, it is a Licensed one. So the quality of it could range from very bad to close to an original. Do you use your fine tuners after you tighten(don't overtighten, thumb pressure is enough.) the locking nuts? Are they new strings, if so they need to be stretched out first to stay in tune. If none of i said are the problem, them it have a knife edge problem. Try getting a toothpick, get some chapstick on it, the spread it over and around the screws that control the height of the floyd rose. If this doesn't work, then your floyd rose is just a very bad quality one.

i don't tighten the bolts like really tight i tighten then real snug after i tune then and then after that i use the fine tuners to tune it even better and i play like 1 song with it and BAM it goes out of tune and i'm stuck re loosening the bolts and tunning it again and again and i don't use the trem at all...i might bend it just slightly to make it sound likes it going out of tune then let it go and make it come back but thats it....i'll take a pic of the trem and let you guys see it
Do you stretch the strings out before locking them in? That sounds like it could be your problem. That or its a cheep knock-off. Whats your guitar?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I think its due to a horrible BC rich trem.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
my guitars a B.C rich platinum pro series warlock baught the damn thing for $401 after tax the trem better not be a knock off lol but i'll post pics in a little bit
Buddy, technically, everything that doesn't say Floyd Rose on it is a licensed knock off. You don't get real OFRs (or the equally well made Schallers and Gotohs) until you fork otu at least $700 for a guitar.

EDIT: If it's not staying in tune, chances are it isn't setup correctly.
well it has across the front...."licenced by Floyd Rose" like CJrocker said it might not be setup right
The edge III is a "Lincenced Floyd Rose" but its ****e
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Anything which says Licensed By is a knockoff. Most likely, you don't have the spring tension matched. Do you tune each string individually, then play without checking how they are in relation to each other? Or do you get it so they are actually in tune and then play. With a floyd, when your tuning, if you tune one string up, all the others go flat. If you tune down they all go sharp. It forces you to over and under adjust things to get it balanced. If you just tune each string with a tuner, all the others will go out of tune while you tune each new string.
ok here's pics of the trem on my B.C Rich took some pics from several angles

Looks incorrectly setup, and it looks like a POS
it needs to be flush with the guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I've never used a trem, take it to a shop and get it set up.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Platinum Pro
my guitars a B.C rich platinum pro series warlock baught the damn thing for $401 after tax the trem better not be a knock off lol but i'll post pics in a little bit

Sorry but it's most definitely a knock-off.

It looks incorrectly set up like someone said, it needs to be flush with the body of the guitar. Also, how many springs do you have in the back?

A floyd is meant to lock in tune and stay there, if it changes when you pull up or down or just playing without using the trem, it's either set up horribly or it's a piece of junk.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Platinum Pro
ok i'm emailing the B.C Rich company about it and see what they say

It is a cheap knock-off, there's no way around it. B.C. Rich isn't known for having good LFRs (Licensed Floyd Rose). B.C. Rich isn't going to tell you it's a p.o.s. why would they? It wouldn't be in their best interest.

If you wanted a good LFR you should've gone with Jackson or Ibanez (anything other than an Edge 3), though I hear ESP LFRs are decent too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well at the time that i bought it i didn't know anything about floyd rose and i thought it was a LFR......i'll take it back to the store i bought it at and see what they can do
Quote by Platinum Pro
well at the time that i bought it i didn't know anything about floyd rose and i thought it was a LFR......i'll take it back to the store i bought it at and see what they can do

IT IS A LFR
LFR=LISENCED FLOYD ROSE
OFR=ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE
OFR is made by FLOYD ROSE
LFR isnt made by floyd rose
if it isnt made my floyd rose, it is a 'knock-off'
there are good knock offs, and bad ones.
you have a bad one
a good one would be a schaller, ibanez edge pro, etc.
you DO have a LFR...but it is a crappy one.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
alright what should i do about it then? i haven't got the money to get it fixed or to buy another guitar unless i sell the one i have now and buy one without a floyd rose then i'm pretty much screwed with a guitar with a crappy floyd rose
You should learn how to set up a floyd yourself if you have one. Basically, you need to tighten your springs to get it even with the string tension. So far I haven't seen anything that would mean your floyd doesn't work overall. My previous pos has some more of my thoughts.