Hey guys

I was wondering what some of you might think in regards to ESP's SV model, specifically the one with features similar to the Alexi Laiho model [e.g. pinstripes, OFR, 2 EMG 81's, etc.]. I can't play one since they're not available in stores here in the U.S. so I was hoping to get some opinions from those who actually do own one. I'm also wondering how they compare against Jackson RR's and King V's based on reviews I've read where some say the instrument quality of U.S.A. Jacksons are superior to ESPs. I've tried out RR1's and I am surprised at the high quality of the instrument, but [again] I can't compare it to the SV! Please let me know your opinions.
jackson are better because they are made for v
esp are made from copy of other brands
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by vamprocker
jackson are better because they are made for v
esp are made from copy of other brands

I don't think that just because ESPs are copies means that their instruments won't be good.
Quote by devit
gt the kv

I did want to get the King V for a while, but I currently own a Jackson and I would like to see what ESP has to offer.
the kv i belice is less than the sv and u can swap out the SD if u want plus check out the comp between ESP jackson in u tube by dmometalguitar.. ESP come with lots of issues
Quote by devit
the kv i belice is less than the sv and u can swap out the SD if u want plus check out the comp between ESP jackson in u tube by dmometalguitar.. ESP come with lots of issues

I actually talked to the guy once when I was strongly considering getting the King V and he did mention that it was somewhat overpriced and had intonation problems unlike his ESPs.
Quote by punker_7970
I actually talked to the guy once when I was strongly considering getting the King V and he did mention that it was somewhat overpriced and had intonation problems unlike his ESPs.

But keep in mind that the ESP did have more problems. Yes, it was intonated better when comparing the full G chord, but some of the other things he compared the intonation to was literally just a few cents off. Hardly noticeable. Keep in mind though, how often are you going to be playing open chords on it?
Also keep in mind that just because that guy had those problems with that ESP, doesn't mean they all have the same problems. I have two LTD deluxe's, and they are both virtually flawless in quality.
Quote by Vittu0666
But keep in mind that the ESP did have more problems. Yes, it was intonated better when comparing the full G chord, but some of the other things he compared the intonation to was literally just a few cents off. Hardly noticeable. Keep in mind though, how often are you going to be playing open chords on it?

I do plan to do material requiring clean open chords, so I would say pretty frequently. Some of those problems such as the location of the volume knob would actually benefit me since I do use volume swells a lot so I'm guessing it would be more convenient for me that the knob be placed close to the pick up. But those videos actually did make me re-consider getting a Jackson. The thing that had initially driven me away from getting one was the fact that Fender bought Jackson out and I just get this really stupid idea that the instruments won't be as good as they used to.
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
Also keep in mind that just because that guy had those problems with that ESP, doesn't mean they all have the same problems. I have two LTD deluxe's, and they are both virtually flawless in quality.

Yes, I also took that into consideration. I'm pretty sure that it might have been one of the the few that actually had serious defects.
Quote by punker_7970
I do plan to do material requiring clean open chords, so I would say pretty frequently. Some of those problems such as the location of the volume knob would actually benefit me since I do use volume swells a lot so I'm guessing it would be more convenient for me that the knob be placed close to the pick up. But those videos actually did make me re-consider getting a Jackson. The thing that had initially driven me away from getting one was the fact that Fender bought Jackson out and I just get this really stupid idea that the instruments won't be as good as they used to.

He did also state that he played an LTD and it was much better than his ESP. Also, it's not really fair to compare a Jackson Professional against a USA Jackson, but my Professional series Rhoads (MIJ) is actually intonated much better than that guys KV2 was. I'm able to strum full open chords with my Rhoads and none of the notes are out. Same goes with my DKMG.

Also, the whole Fender argument, it's nothing of concern really. Fender just owns them, they don't produce them. They have done both good and bad for Jackson, like bringing the quality control of Jackson's Custom Shop back up, but they've also raised prices quite a bit. Now they seem to be coming down a little.
Jacksons are overpriced, but less overpriced than SV's and just as great.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.