Alright so I was wondering if I could switch out my mid and neck pickups with a another humbucker on my HSS MIM strat? If so I would thinking about setting it up with DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and Dimarzio Tone Zone in the neck... is that a good set up for blues- mainstream metal (think Maiden etc...)?
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
o and dont tell me to get a new amp please... i am already getting one this summer thank you
And let go of regret
OK so you are removing two single coils and replacing the pick guard, and installing a double in the neck position with the new pick guard? Am I following you?
yes

edit: im pretty sure the super distortion is the same humbucker used by dave murray and adrian smith..
And let go of regret
Last edited by BGrem261 at Mar 22, 2008,
Well when I think blues, I think SRV using his front two single coils. Maiden as well with the single coils. If you go two double hums I think you are getting away from the sound you want. Why not just get a second guitar with two double hums?
Good call with the Super Distortion in the bridge, but try something smoother in the neck. The Tone Zone will be overpowering and way too rough. Try a PAF Pro, or if you don't like that voicing, exchange it for a Air Norton.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Before he switched to Hot Rails, Dave Murray used Super Distortion/Single Coil/PAF Pro I believe.

According to wikipedia (i do no trust), Adrian Smith uses Super Distortion/Texas Special/Texas Special in his HSS strats nowadays.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile