Ok, so im reading through the pit, my mouse is on my scroll bar/ i have a laptop, and sometimes tapping the mouse pad takes you to links, but there obviusly is no link on the scroll bar. then all of a sudden ebay pops up. out of nowhere it pops up. 3 times, the first i cant remember, the 2nd it was a pink bow for hair for 99 cents, tho i would say i would look stylish in it, but rly, the 3rd one was of a pink dog bowl. wtf is wrong, could i have a virus of some sort?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
could be a virus. Run norton or something.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Cliche as it may be to say, get Firefox.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
you have aids.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by fender4482
the 2nd it was a pink bow for hair for 99 cents, tho i would say i would look stylish in it

Was that necessary?

And run a virus scan.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Last edited by Ex'sAndOh's at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by aradine
you have aids.

DAMN YOU AIDS!!!!
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Bubban

i do have firefox, thats all i use
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
i do have firefox, thats all i use

Huh, nevermind then. I remember having this problem a while back, are the words that do this green and underlined? I'd recommend running a virus/adware scan.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Ill tell you EXACTLY what to do.

Youre gonna go outside your house, find the nearest alley. Youre going to meet a guy named Jim. Jim is gonna give you an envelope. Take the envelope and open it. Youre gonna find a key. Go to your nearest hotel and open room 54. Inside will be a squirell, there is a piece of paper in the squirells intestine. Catch and slice it open. On that piece of paper are instructions to fix your computer.

Run a virus scan or youre being remotely hacked. There are programs to remotely **** with someones computer
happend to me too. and i am using firefox

ug is haxed.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
yeah, i read that this has been happening to people.
i'm a little creeped out
Quote by dio_dude
yeah, i keep getting portscans whenever i go on ug. luckily norton blocks them

whats a portscan?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Bubban

/thread
the game
Quote by shuriken
/thread

what does /thread mean?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
whats a portscan?
well, it's like a hacker trying to look at what you have on your computer. if there is anything worth hacking, then they will hack you. it's like a burglar looking into a house to see if there's anything worth stealing.
umm norton or avg is best bet... had that prob a while back... i use firefox btw, i had a virus/spyware prob so [hopefully not] you prob have the same
Close dio, but it's not so much a hacker looking ON your computer as it is one looking FOR your computer. And I believe no human input is needed for portscans. Certain sites, ads, pictures, whatever else can conduct them automatically. It scans for open or unprotected ports on your pc, and then jams viruses down the throats of all your unprotected or open ports. Firewalls generally solve this problem by 1 -hiding ports, 2-monitoring traffic or 3-blocking traffic altogether
1 -Like moving the mailbox to the backyard. It's still there, but the mailman doesn't know it's there, so you can't get any mail.
2- Sticking a filter on your mailbox that notifies you of any junkmail. Doesn't mean it gets stopped though, it CAN get through as innocent looking paper then turn out to be anthrax when it's on your pc.
3- Like nailing a big piece of "**** off wood" to your mail slot. The only way to get in is by blowing it up with fireworks.

Well, I'm fairly sure that's how it goes.

To the TS - There are dodgy adverts in many places. I know one that tries downloading spyware onto your computer, and that was on a very reputable site. Use a firewall, anti spyware and antivirus, and check the pages that are being opened. Is the address of the site different? Is the layout strange? Are there any other unusual flaws with the pages you're being directed to? If the answer's "yes" to any of the three questions, it's probably dodgy.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
Ill tell you EXACTLY what to do.

Youre gonna go outside your house, find the nearest alley. Youre going to meet a guy named Jim. Jim is gonna give you an envelope. Take the envelope and open it. Youre gonna find a key. Go to your nearest hotel and open room 54. Inside will be a squirell, there is a piece of paper in the squirells intestine. Catch and slice it open. On that piece of paper are instructions to fix your computer.

Run a virus scan or youre being remotely hacked. There are programs to remotely **** with someones computer

LOL +1 Sigged
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
Your computer has AIDS
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live