Page 1 of 3
Okay, i need to quit smoking. Im talking about ciggaretes, because im not quitting weed. I dont want to buy niccorete, because i hardly have enough money for ciggaretes in the first place. It's really hard because everyone in my band smokes. Im 16. Has anyone here quit before? Any advice would be great.
How long have you been smoking? Do you honestly not have enough will power to just stop?

Thats pathetic man, you're only 16
Just stop. It's as easy as that.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Cigarettes.

Cigarettes.

Cigar-ettes.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Acquire a taste for cocaine, you'll forget all about nicotine.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Dude, I'm 17, been smoking for a year and just recently I said "Ok, I'm done" and just stopped with absolutely no problem. If everyone in your band smokes, then just cut down instead of quit, and bum off your band if it's a money issue.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
How long have you been smoking? Do you honestly not have enough will power to just stop?

I'm 16, and I smoke. I quit this winter because of monetary problems and not wanting to go out in the cold so I can enjoy the sweet taste of tobacco. I'm not that needy.

TS, chew lots of gum, destroy toothpicks. It's not too difficult if you haven't been doing it long.
And send me your smokes, that'll help you not smoke anymore.
well i didnt quit because i wanted to

i quit because the store that sold to kids moved outta town so all of us were screwed
the game

Don't call me pathetic man. You don't know me or my situation.
But thanks people - i'm gonna see how i go with willpower.
Quote by darkstar2466
Just stop. It's as easy as that.

+1

It's all about willpower

It might help if you get someone to support you and cheer you up when you feel the urge....
Quote by insanitybreed
Don't call me pathetic man. You don't know me or my situation.
But thanks people - i'm gonna see how i go with willpower.

Its not pathetic that you smoke cigarettes and you're 16. I could care less, i was doing the same.

Whats pathetic is you get on the ultimate-guitar forum and ask these guys for help quitting.. like theres this big ****ing secret everyone uses.

You arent even old enough to honestly be addicted to nicotine, seeing as you're 16 now and couldn't possibly have been able to buy yourself cigarettes on a daily basis for a long enough time to get that way.
Take Uncle Buck's advice.

Start with cigars. In 5 years start chewing tobacco. In 5 years after that, chew the gum. Five more years you can be on the patch. Five more years you'll quit.
Its not pathetic that you smoke cigarettes and you're 16. I could care less, i was doing the same.

Whats pathetic is you get on the ultimate-guitar forum and ask these guys for help quitting.. like theres this big ****ing secret everyone uses.

You arent even old enough to honestly be addicted to nicotine, seeing as you're 16 now and couldn't possibly have been able to buy yourself cigarettes on a daily basis for a long enough time to get that way.

Dude, Nicotine can attack your brain no matter how old you are if you smoke enough. I dont buy ciggaretes on a daily basis. And i can buy them when i want because i know where to go and i have facial hair. And why is asking strangers for advice pathetic?
Quote by insanitybreed
Dude, Nicotine can attack your brain no matter how old you are if you smoke enough. I dont buy ciggaretes on a daily basis. And i can buy them when i want because i know where to go and i have facial hair. And why is asking strangers for advice pathetic?

I'm on your side, kid. Cigarettes can be bought daily by anyone 14 and older. It's really ****ing easy.
Asking us isn't [athetic, there's more people here, therefore you have a better chance of one of them being right, instead of asking you friends who probably know **** aobut quitting, no offense
I pretty much agree with it being pathetic though. :P Like you even have that much of an addiction. Just stop. And when people offer you one just say no. That's not that hard if you're actually serious about it.
Asking us isn't [athetic, there's more people here, therefore you have a better chance of one of them being right, instead of asking you friends who probably know **** aobut quitting, no offense

Haha thats fair true. Also the reason why i asked the Pit.
Quote by metal Lover
Take Uncle Buck's advice.

Start with cigars. In 5 years start chewing tobacco. In 5 years after that, chew the gum. Five more years you can be on the patch. Five more years you'll quit.

Yeah, go ahead and follow that advice and you'll be clean when you're 36 years old...

Quote by FiliphSlim
Yeah, go ahead and follow that advice and you'll be clean when you're 36 years old...

John Candy obviously knows what he's talking about.
you're only 16 quit your job so you have no money. you wont be able to buy ****.

Thanks for the suggestion, but hell no! I have a job that i actually like.
man.. I know it won't be that hard.. I mean.. I don't smoke, but my band does too.. yeah, it is hard, but WILLPOWER FTW! haha and yeah, to everyone who said that buying cigarrettes is easy (or something like that was said).. I mean, i'm 14.. going on 15 on june .. haha anyway, I've got a brother.. and his friends smoke.. he's 12! it's so easy to get cigarrettes these days. (oh god, I sound just like my grandma haha) but yeah, here in Mexico you drink at 16.. soooo.. that kind of explains why kids can get cigarrettes.. and.. oh nevermind..

EDIT: oh.. and btw.. the first person that says something about my english is getting a cyber-slap.. it is not my first language people!!!

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Last edited by pawm24 at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by pawm24

EDIT: oh.. and btw.. the first person that says something about my english is getting a cyber-slap.. it is not my first language people!!!

Your english is quite good.
This might not be the most pleasant option but a few weeks ago I went out for a smoke on a work break in a t-shirt (im mostly just an occasional smoker btw but I dont think im gonna smoke anymore) and it was freezing so I smoked it as fast as I could and came inside and started feeling very crappy, I have a weak stomach and smokes usually make me feel shitty unless im baked while smoking it so yeah I ended up puking up the like 3 mcdonalds burgers I had ate while previously baked that same day on my lunch break at school and yeah I realized the next few days the smell of cigs just made me feel nauseous. I think it was sorta like with drinking how when you puke a certain kind you cant drink it for a while. So yeah lol if your that desperate make yourself puke while smoking and you will def not want to smoke. I also recomend smoking more weed to keep your mind off it, you can kind of make your body confuse your cigarette craving with a weed craving, like if you smoke some weed you sorta feel like your satisfying your cigarette craving. good luck man and keep on burning!
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I have no problem starting and stopping on a regular basis. Ill smoke a pack in 2 days then I wont have one for 2 weeks, then I repeat.

I've had no withdrawals or anything, so just suck it up and stop.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by GoWithTheFlow
you're only 16 quit your job so you have no money. you wont be able to buy ****.

I already have no money.

Buying sh*t just makes you want more sh*t.
i used to smoke cigarettes all the time, but i've stopped and i found it fairly easy to stop. if you have the will power, you can stop. addiction is mostly mental.
If you don't quit smoking, your soda will pay for it later.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
boy some nicotine gum or patches..thats the simlest way i guess..or just limit yourself ..
Dont flame me or anything, but i REALLY dont get why people strart smoking in the firstplace. Seriously. One time i was with all my friends and they were trying for the first time, i had no intention of ever trying it, i dont get why you would... Some people think that its 'cool' to smoke, or thats what the try hard 15 year olds think anyways. Im not square or anything, im a bit of a party goer but its just never attracted me.. I guess it varies with people....
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
To everyone who goes "OMG YOU ARE 16 YOU CANT BE ADDICTED!" : When I was sixteen, I've already been smoking for three years. That's right, I started at the age of 13. You know - we had communism and all, so buying the smokes was not a problem at all. I smoke to this day. And three years is enought to get addicted.

Try smoking a pipe, it really helps in limiting the amount of cigarettes per day.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
chew gum, lots of gum
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Page 1 of 3