Page 1 of 6
Relaxing doesn't have to mean quiet or boring or depressing, just in general, what band gets you relaxed and chill?

I haven't heard much, but Circa Survive is one of those chill-out bands for me. The Schindler's List soundtrack is pretty great too.

edit: So this doesn't just become a list, you could go into why these bands relax you. Maybe it's the music itself, the person's voice, what they say...you know.
Who dat?
Last edited by Anarion614 at Mar 22, 2008,
Definitely Bob Marley.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Blonde Redhead
Boards of Canada
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Iron & Wine, Sufjan Stevens
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
anberlin and acceptance for me
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

American Football
Texas Is The Reason
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Yeah Pink Floyd and the Beatles.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Ozzy Osbourne

Lamb of God
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Sigur Ros is great when I want to relax. I listened to them when I was in the back of a cab going from Rome to Pompeii to check out the ruins. The combination of Sigur Ros and the landscape around me was just fantastic.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree. except Porcupine Tree is like a depressing relaxed. and some Dream Theater songs, like "Lifting Shadows Off a Dream" and "Hell's Kitchen".
Explosions In The Sky.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Within Temptation
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
opeth (the acoustic stuff) damnation, blackwater park etc etc
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by crystallinescar
Mogwai and Early stuff from Porcupine Tree

Yeah, Mogwai works well for me too.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
+ A MILLION..

BTW.. I love the Schindler's List sountrack.. and the movie is SO good..
also, coldplay relaxes me a lot.. dunno haha... and pink floyd, oasis some songs and eric clapton... always with me, always with you (joe satriani) is my favorite for reading..

EDIT: Dammit.. I was quoting him..
"Definitely Bob Marley."

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by htownwrestler
Incubus

damn u beat me 2 it.
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
Explosions in the Sky, City and Colour, John Mayer

oh and Incubus of course
Chiodos and "City and Color", aka Dallas Green of Alexisonfire.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
All mine have already been said with the exception of Seu Jorge. There aren't many better ways to relax than kicking back and listening to some acoustic Bowie covers sung in Portuguese. Any Life Aquatic fan would know what I'm talking about.
The Who for me, I'm really not sure why...The Who were the band that I really grew up listening too, my dad listened to nothing but them for most of my childhood...so whenever I feel tense or just need to listen to something, listening to Tommy, The Who by Numbers or Quadrophenia usually gets me very calm and just like, a weird euphoria feeling.
John Entwistle is my God. RIP.

listening to you, I get the music, gazing at you, I feel the heat, following you, I climb the mountain, I get excitement at your feet.
<3 tommy.
Minus the Bear always puts me in a relaxed mood. They tend to sing about similar stuff. Taking a drive around the lake a little too fast or throwing beer cans out the window. Girls, LOTS of girls.
Comfort the Disturbed, Disturb the Comfortable
Enigma is a HUGE relaxing band for me. Michael Creatu's music is amazingly beautiful.

Lately, I've not had things go very well...and the soundtrack to RENT has not only relaxed me, but cheered me up and had me singing along.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation

Lately, I've not had things go very well...and the soundtrack to RENT has not only relaxed me, but cheered me up and had me singing along.

Ha, you and RENT dude. With the way you are goin' on about it I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on something...
Some Between the Buried and Me songs get me in "chill mode."
Pretty much the ends of some songs are just relaxing... simply beautiful: "Selkies," "Sun of Nothing," "Mordecai," etc.
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of The Moon, etc.), Clapton, David Bowie and some MCR songs as well.

EDIT: Forgot Eric Johnson, and Viridian by Between the Buried and Me.
Quote by DrkNTwstd
darkangel, you are a smart man. no flame shield is necessary.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Like John Mayer

Oh dude, Gravity is one of the greatest songs to lay down and chill out to. Well, all of his John Mayer Trio stuff is really...