Ok, Well I was adjusting the tension of the springs in my Ibanez, and my whole spring holder rips out of the guitar, so the screws are obviosuly ****ed.

Whats a Way to put back screws in a hole, which is loose. I heard toothpicks, put anything else. It needs to hold A LOT of tension.
just fill the hole with anything that has somewhat of a hard or adhesive property to it and then screw them back in. try a combo of both .. something like breaking toothpicks to fill the hole and put hot glue in there to hold it all in. be imaginative with it.

or go the standard way and get the proper wood filler.
Last edited by theWallofYAWN at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by theWallofYAWN
just fill the hole with anything that has somewhat of a hard or adhesive property to it and then screw them back in. try a combo of both .. something like breaking toothpicks to fill the hole and put hot glue in there to hold it all in. be imaginative with it.
Hmm, That sounds good.
Try epoxy, or some wood filler, although I don't think the filler would be strong enough.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
make sure you use woodglue not hot glue, use some wood splinters pack and glue them in the hole really tight let it dry for a day then put the screws back in
If i were you id fill the holes with dowell rather than a mix of toothpicks and glue... The toothpicks and glue option is fine for screw holes that dont bear much tension but in this case the trem springs will pull quite hard on screws in question. get down to a local wood merchants and try to get some hardwood dowel as close in size to the holes you wish to fill. Glue the dowel and hammer them in as far as you can. leave for a couple of days to dry in a warm dry place then re pilot the holes and reinstall your trem.

This job needs to be done properly or you will just end up repeating it till the cows come home. as the springs tension rip out the anchor screws.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
You clearly didn't 1/4 or 1/2 turn then tune. Exactly the same thing happened to me when I was playing with the floyd on my old JS100.

I took it to a tech, and he packed the holes up with wood filler and dowel, then re-drilled them.

EDIT:
Quote by Horlicks
I thought you were the Edge III Master?

New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
He IS the Edge 3 master. Its just, you get that kinda stuff with Edge 3s [/joke]
anyway good luck with the glueing buddy. Hope you fix it!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by halikus

This job needs to be done properly or you will just end up repeating it till the cows come home. as the springs tension rip out the anchor screws.

This is true, if/when the screws pull out next time, try this method. Hard wood dowel, wood glue, (like liquid nails) and let it set a couple days.