I am in the market for a new amp, and I am looking for opinions.

I am planning on spending no more than $800.

I know people are always harshing on Line6, but what do people think of the Line6 Flextone III XL, which I can get for $700.

I am also looking for other, similar, amps to look at. It needs to be very versatile, though my musical tastes are pushed toward the hard rock/metal scene. It needs to be jamming with friends/small gig capable as well.

If you recommend a different amp, please give me a reason other than "it has tubes" or "line6 sucks".

Thanks.
used 5150, because its the standard for the high gain sound. tons of low end, with more than enough gain. It is loud enough to gig with, more than needed actually but oh well.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
ive got a flextone 3 xl that im trying to get rid of

my band just broke up and i have to pay the rent soon so im trying to get rid of this amp and down size
tell me if your interested
its only like 3 months old and never played above 5 because for small gigs i just used the direct outs to a mixer, the amp was only used for band practices
Quote by ssguitar
used 5150, because its the standard for the high gain sound. tons of low end, with more than enough gain. It is loud enough to gig with, more than needed actually but oh well.

+1
traynor ycv50 FTW
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808