alright heres the thing.

my dad is a controlling freak right..

now that its easter hes gotten worse. hes even complaining about my friends, music taste etc it pisses me off so bad !

what do i do ? just tell him to piss off?
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

I haven't been on UG in ages... I miss you guys

[="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"]
Everyone is annoying sometimes. Just live with it and try not to piss him off too much.
Quote by Kankuro
He's a parent, what's new?

My parents never commented my music taste. They might have said "I don't like that", but never did they say "GOD FORBID YOU LISTEN TO SUCH ****"...because, it's not ****
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by blue_strat
Everyone is annoying sometimes. Just live with it and try not to piss him off too much.

yeah but i dont piss him off. most of the time im just in my room with my door closed playing guitar or im out with friends.. nothing to do with him ?
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

[="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"]
yea...tell your dad to **** off...thats exactly what will get him off your back...i wouldnt talk to him about his musical interests and try and bond...i would be a dick to him...that would help
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
Quote by PhantomNote
My parents never commented my music taste. They might have said "I don't like that", but never did they say "GOD FORBID YOU LISTEN TO SUCH ****"...because, it's not ****

dude my dad would rather me listen to **** like justin timberlake or even stuff about black guys gang raping some girls and smoking weed all day..

though he doesnt know thats what pretty much all rap is.
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

You should just kill him.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
tell him that you have to face this journey on your own, and that theres nothing he can do to help you prepare for......

wait...
what?

oh sry i read it wrong.

idk just tell him your music pwns his.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by XianXiuHong
Do a barrel roll.

The inventor of that meme is most likely doing barrel rolls in his grave right now...
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
Have an open conversation with him and make sure he knows that you aren't trying to do anything that sticks in his craw. Be respectful, but express your opinions intelligently.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
^ What terrence said works best, always. Or alternatively, as many UGers may suggest, "stick it in his pooper."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
thanks guys.. the ones being serious about it that is

ill make sure i stick it in his pooper lol
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

Quote by ALotLikeVegas
thanks guys.. the ones being serious about it that is

ill make sure i stick it in his pooper lol

seriously though, don't

Intelligent conversations ftw!

Doesn't always work tho...
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Give him reason to respect your choice of music, friends, etc. The direction of the conversation depends on you. Even if he starts being a dick, show respect and reason with him.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Give him reason to respect your choice of music, friends, etc. The direction of the conversation depends on you. Even if he starts being a dick, show respect and reason with him.

Yep. This is the best way to go.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
thanks heaps. ill definetely do that the next time this happens because it goes on and off from day to day.
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.