I was at some computer shop that just happened to sell guitars a little while ago. I didn't have a guitar at the time, and my grandparents saw I was looking at a guitar, so they asked if I wanted it. How was I to refuse? So they bought it for me and we went home.

It's a stratocaster copy. I didn't know how good the guitar quality-wise was, there was no indication of what model it was or anything, it just said "Vintage" in the same place as it would normally say "Fender". After a while, I found the website of the company that produced these guitars. The link is here. It's the last guitar on the page, the "Vintage VP6/VH51Series" to be precise. What do you all think of it? Do you think it was good for it's price, and is 'Wilkinson' a respected brand?
Wilkinson make pretty good trems, not sure about the pick-ups
If you are looking for a guitar look at the Vintage Icon Lemon Drop, one of my friends has that and a Gibson Les Paul Standard and he says the Vintage is better. The Advanced and icon series are the ones you shold be looking at.
not really looking for a guitar, I'm asking how this one is quality- and spec-wise.

On a side note, that's interesting that your friend thinks that the Vintage lemon drop guitar is better than the Gibson Les Paul Standard - I'll keep that in mind next time I buy a guitar
vintage makes some good quality guitars (compared to the amount of money you'll pay for it)
kk sweet. But liek mahogany body, hard maple neck, rosewood fretboard, are these good specs for the price of the guitar? if the time came around would i be better upgrading this guitar or getting a new guitar?
Quote by Horlicks
^ They're similar specs to what you get on high end Fenders and Gibsons

yeah... but also on some cheaper guitars...
(like my 200+ euro Epiphone Les Paul LP100, which I love by the way )
it mainly depends on the wood quality and the craftsmanship...

but the wilkinson parts look fine to me...
the woods is propably ok

and well...
you've already got it right?

how does it play/sound?
That's the most important thing!
The wood looks like it was sorta cut cheaply, inside its all jagged and stuff. I do a lot of palm muting and the bridge is starting to rust a bit. The guitar wasn't really made for palm muting, you pick right above the middle pickup (which I don't use) when you do it. The humbucker sounds great, but the other PUs sound sorta tinny. This could just be my amp however, I've just got a small practise amp; that'll be the first thing I replace when I get the money.

It's a good first guitar though I think.
Quote by kenan6346
The wood looks like it was sorta cut cheaply, inside its all jagged and stuff. I do a lot of palm muting and the bridge is starting to rust a bit. The guitar wasn't really made for palm muting, you pick right above the middle pickup (which I don't use) when you do it. The humbucker sounds great, but the other PUs sound sorta tinny. This could just be my amp however, I've just got a small practise amp; that'll be the first thing I replace when I get the money.

It's a good first guitar though I think.

I'm assuming that the other pups are single coils? If they are, then they have a much brighter sound than a humbucker by nature.

Ok I looked on the site and that looks like a pretty good guitar, especially for the price.
Quote by imgooley
I'm assuming that the other pups are single coils? If they are, then they have a much brighter sound than a humbucker by nature.

Ok I looked on the site and that looks like a pretty good guitar, especially for the price.

Yes they are single coils, and I now recall that at the place I got it from the owner was playing it and it sounded much better through his amp.

So far I'm pretty happy with this guitar. If I needed to change the bridge or PUs however, do you reckon I'd be better off just getting a better guitar or is this guitar worth customising?
169.00 EUR
=
265.254 USD

Its fairly hard to find a guitar with those specs for that price,

if the time came to upgrade or get a new guitar, i would still get a new one though
wilkinson makes some excellent hardware like bridges and pickups...
kinda Kahler-like Floyd-roses and stuff