I'm probably gonna buy a VK212 soon, if I keep on playing.

But I read some reviews, someone said it has great distortion and was perfect for metal, and someone said the exaclty opposite. Does somebody got experience with this amp or the 112 model and could tell me if I can get that Metallica-sound outta these amps? Thanks
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
You'll be able to do it with your TS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's got quite enough gain on it's own without a pedal, although many people like to swap the speakers in the 212.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Check out these clips. He modded his with new tubes and new speaker but it is a good representation of it's metal capabilities.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817381

And just for future reference, as to not upset anybody, the Gear & Accessories thread is all about Amps and Pedals and what not where as this is about the actual guitars. No worries, just for future reference.

But definitely check the clip in the link.
I saw some guy on youtube playing with a valveking w/o pedals and it sounded pretty heavy.
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Quote by oneblackened
You'll be able to do it with your TS.

Hmm yeah but I'm like pretty poor after the amp upgrade I'm gonna make so...
Can't a ZoomG2 give a little more gain? I got one.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Ehosteda
Valveking + EMG and/or Pedal + Correct EQ = Heavy Metal

Aff, maybe if I work this summer I'll have like 500€ left. So I should buy a Tubescreamer right? Then start savin up for a new guitar?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
According to your sig you already have a TubeScreamer.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
According to your sig you already have a TubeScreamer.

"In the near future:

Peavey Valve King 212.
Ibanez TubeScreamer TS-808!"

GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Heheh . . . heh . . . my bad.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by fila_93
Aff, maybe if I work this summer I'll have like 500€ left. So I should buy a Tubescreamer right? Then start savin up for a new guitar?

That sounds like a good plan. I'm sorry I don't have a pedal to suggest to you, I'm trying to figure out what pedal to go with myself
Quote by TUMFP
Fila, did you check out that clip? All he did was replace the tubes, and a new speaker.

Tubes - ~$40 US
Speaker - ~$90-100 US

I do not know what you're budget is, but he gets a pretty good heavy tone.

Here is the link to his thread: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817381

Yep, I saw it. But I really don't know anything on how to change tubes or speakers, I'm really new to tube amps. But why did he replace the tubes? Didn't he put in the exactly same as it was before? About the budget, I could afford that if I bought an 112, but would that one be loud enough to jam with a band?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
Yep, I saw it. But I really don't know anything on how to change tubes or speakers, I'm really new to tube amps. But why did he replace the tubes? Didn't he put in the exactly same as it was before? About the budget, I could afford that if I bought an 112, but would that one be loud enough to jam with a band?

This amp is plenty loud to jam with a band.
Quote by fila_93

As for the tubes, I believe he did say it came with some that he wanted. About the speaker arrangement, I understand what you mean but two speakers in the same amp is not any louder than one speaker in that same amp. It does project it wider simply due to the other speaker but in reality is no louder. Also, depending on what your style is though, a second 12" would add a little depth to your low-end frequency. Bigger speakers, add to the low end.

It will sound louder with two, but virtually it won't be.

And I have a Peavey Classic 30 1x12 and it definitely is loud enough over a band.
Quote by TUMFP
As for the tubes, I believe he did say it came with some that he wanted. About the speaker arrangement, I understand what you mean but two speakers in the same amp is not any louder than one speaker in that same amp. It does project it wider simply due to the other speaker but in reality is no louder. Also, depending on what your style is though, a second 12" would add a little depth to your low-end frequency. Bigger speakers, add to the low end.

It will sound louder with two, but virtually it won't be.

And I have a Peavey Classic 30 1x12 and it definitely is loud enough over a band.

Hmm I'm gonna message thomann.de and ask if they could replace the tubes and speaker before they send away it.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
But it would get expensive if I would mod it, 2x JJ6LGC are like 80€, and the speaker is 130€. So total it would get like 700€...
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube