Thinking of upgrading to an F-30. Just wondering if it is an upgrade? I own the classic 30.

My music style = just about everything.
I wouldn't say upgrade so much, it's a completely different sounding amp. It would be better at playing ''just about anything''.
Quote by Horlicks
I wouldn't say upgrade so much, it's a completely different sounding amp. It would be better at playing ''just about anything''.

I actually do think it's an upgrade. MUCH more gain, about equal- sounding cleans, fixed bias, better speaker, footswitchable reverb, American- made... need I go on?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I actually do think it's an upgrade. MUCH more gain, about equal- sounding cleans, fixed bias, better speaker, footswitchable reverb, American- made... need I go on?

I think the F30's an upgrade, too, but that doesn't mean that the Classic 30 doesn't have footswitchable reverb, or isn't made in America, or doesn't have a fixed bias that doesn't require biasing when changing tubes.

So yeah, I think you'd need to go on.

I'll certainly give you the speaker. Upgrading the speaker in a C30 can be a huge upgrade for the amp, less expensive than the move to the Mesa, and maybe worthwhile.

I actually think the F30 has better cleans. The gain is definitely higher, but more modern. I'm sure there are people who prefer the gain on the Peavey. They're different sounding amps. It's a judgement call. The F30 isn't a huge upgrade. It's not quite a boutique amp. As good as it is, it's really Mesa's low end.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I actually think the F30 has better cleans. The gain is definitely higher, but more modern. I'm sure there are people who prefer the gain on the Peavey. They're different sounding amps. It's a judgement call. The F30 isn't a huge upgrade. It's not quite a boutique amp. As good as it is, it's really Mesa's low end.

+1

The F-Series amps may be Mesa's lower end amps, but that doesn't mean they're bad by any means. The F-30 has nicer cleans than the Classic 30, and I'd say a nicer lead channel. It's going to be a bit gainier (don't think that's a word), smoother, and have more of a modern sound to it. As long as you like it, you're not making a bad decision.
Quote by slatsmania
I think the F30's an upgrade, too, but that doesn't mean that the Classic 30 doesn't have footswitchable reverb, or isn't made in America, or doesn't have a fixed bias that doesn't require biasing when changing tubes.

So yeah, I think you'd need to go on.

I'll certainly give you the speaker. Upgrading the speaker in a C30 can be a huge upgrade for the amp, less expensive than the move to the Mesa, and maybe worthwhile.

I didn't know about the fixed bias on Classic 30's... I guess Peavey doesn't make it as much of a selling point as Mesa does. I also thought that they were made in Korea or something. And the ones I saw at GC only had 2 footswitchable options, I figured one would be the channel and one would be boost.

Ah, **** research. I'm hung over.
^I think thats VK
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I also thought that they were made in Korea or something....

Ah, **** research. I'm hung over.

It's cool.

I believe the Chinese made Valvekings are the only Peaveys not made in the US. Maybe that new Nano, too, if that's not under the VK line.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.