Ok Say your not a bad musician but you get nervous in front of people except for a few like your family and your teacher? Or on a 1 and 1setting for an audition.

What would you do if you found out that person really is good but his nerves gets the best of him like in my case?

Would you say yes and work with him or tell him to f off?
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Last edited by CortFan1 at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by EdawMail
tell him to f off, get his act together and then come back
May I ask why?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
cos you need to be able to perform.]
im not being harsh, but if you want to be a performing musician, you've got to either get confidence, or fake it.
Quote by EdawMail
cos you need to be able to perform.]
im not being harsh, but if you want to be a performing musician, you've got to either get confidence, or fake it.
hehe So true.

Well I'm working on it I'm going to start playing with friends this summer and then next summer get in to a band.

By then I should be were I want to be.

By the way "be harsh as you want." And that goes for anyone on these boards.

I'm getting tired of people keeping there true feelings bottled up.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
CortFan1, you really need to start re-reading what you type before you post it, you word things so confusingly!

I completely disagree with EdawMail. If a guy gets nervous playing in front of people, how the hell is he going to get more comfortable doing that if no one wants to play with him? That'll be a huge blow to your confidence. Also, I have a lot of friends who play guitar just for themselves, they never intend to play a gig and only play in front of groups of friends when they've been drinking. I still jam with them because they're great players, good friends and they love what they do. You don't need to be aiming for stardom to call yourself a musician.
Quote by Eirien
CortFan1, you really need to start re-reading what you type before you post it, you word things so confusingly!

I completely disagree with EdawMail. If a guy gets nervous playing in front of people, how the hell is he going to get more comfortable doing that if no one wants to play with him? That'll be a huge blow to your confidence. Also, I have a lot of friends who play guitar just for themselves, they never intend to play a gig and only play in front of groups of friends when they've been drinking. I still jam with them because they're great players, good friends and they love what they do. You don't need to be aiming for stardom to call yourself a musician.
Well my goal is not to be a rockstar. My goal is to become a bar room player for small bars but in order for me to get there I got to get rid of the shakes "I shake when I'm very nervous".

And I'll make sure I will re read my posts before I hit the submit button.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by CortFan1
Well my goal is not to be a rockstar. My goal is to become a bar room player for small bars but in order for me to get there I got to get rid of the shakes "I shake when I'm very nervous".

And I'll make sure I will re read my posts before I hit the submit button.

Your plan sounds good. Just get used to jamming with your friends and when you start playing in front of larger groups you'll be with musicians you're comfortable playing with. And as they're your friends they'll be good for moral support too.
Quote by Eirien

Your plan sounds good. Just get used to jamming with your friends and when you start playing in front of larger groups you'll be with musicians you're comfortable playing with. And as they're your friends they'll be good for moral support too.
That's all I ever wanted to do until I literately started playing guitar and I know becoming a true untouchable rockstar is long gone.

Anyways I have to pack up for my lesson in about 20 minutes or so.

catch you all later.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by CortFan1
I got to get rid of the shakes "I shake when I'm very nervous".
hey me too. It really sucked when I played a piano piece two weeks ago but on guitar...we call it vibrato.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
hey me too. It really sucked when I played a piano piece two weeks ago but on guitar...we call it vibrato.

I used to be like that to but after getting a bit of experience playing in front of people I now really enjoy being up on stage and playing. Still get a bit nervous before a show though, but once I'm on stage I'm fine.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.