Hey Guys,

Hey!
Has anyone else noticed that Bullet For My Valentines new single

Scream Aim Fire is almost a copy of the video Pull Harder On The strings of Hartyr
By Trivium

I know Trivium is one of Matt Tucks fav bands along side Metallica

I was just wandering if anyone else had noticed. If not please watch the videos on www.Youtube.com

Thanks U!
Nay...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

they're both crap so it doesn't matter... although BFMV's new album isn't tooo bad.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
it doesnt look like it. period. i used to like bullet, think they're kinda crappy now, the new style isn't half as powerfull as it was on the poison.

so really just a big Yuck Fou in their general direction
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

They sound nothing like each other.

NOW!

Did you know the intro to Trivium's Pull Harder... is a complete rip off of Carcass's "Corporeal Jigsore Quandary".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7oGGud2Jk4
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Zangetsu 101

NOW!

Did you know the intro to Trivium's Pull Harder... is a complete rip off of Carcass's "Corporeal Jigsore Quandary".

Finally, someone else has realised.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
I dont believe its a complete copy, they're both metal bands, both play very similiar kinda stuff, theirs only so many ideas.
Quote by Hdap101
Finally, someone else has realised.

*realized*

Depends on when I realized, which happened to be the first time I heard "Pull Harder.." I actually thought it was a cover till the vocals kicked in.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Zangetsu 101
*realized*

Depends on when I realized, which happened to be the first time I heard "Pull Harder.." I actually thought it was a cover till the vocals kicked in.

What the hell kind of Scotsman are you? You can spell it realise in the UK.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Zangetsu 101
*realized*

UK's spelling is realised.

They sound pretty similar. But I don't think it's a rip-off.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

H
Scream Aim Fire is almost a copy of the video Pull Harder On The strings of Hartyr
By Trivium
COLOR]

no..? and its spelt Martyr.
Quote by Zangetsu 101

NOW!

Yeah they kind of have the same rythm, but when you compare them, (at least I think) Carcass's one sounds kinda lame...
ZOMG!

OH NOES!

Both videos show the bands playing the song! It's a rip-off!!

I'm not sure which I hated more though, Matt Heafy's ridiculous ape-like stance, or Matt Tuck's (I think, pretty sure he's the singer for BFMV) stupid looks to the camera when he was singing.

Hold the phones...

BOTH GUYS ARE NAMED MATT!
IT'S A RIP-OFF!!

EDIT:

Quote by Sanitarium91
Yeah they kind of have the same rythm, but when you compare them, (at least I think) Carcass's one sounds kinda lame...

Agreed, personally.
Quote by Zangetsu 101

NOW!

Yes, because rhythm alone is the indicator of a rip-off. It doesn't matter if the two have completely different melodies or different drum beats, NO, all that matters is that they stress the same beats.

EDIT:
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I Never Said They Sound Like Each Other I Just Said Look

In Scream Aim Fire They Are On A Platform Wth Exactly The Same Stance

Also The Drummers In Both I Raised Higher And They Are All Standin In The Same Places.

Also They Both Have Fast Close Up Shots Of Both Matts.
Maybe it's a homage to Pull Harder's video that they did on purpose. I can think of hundreds of videos where the band just plays live with the studio song dubbed over, but I don't go comparing all of them.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Okay, that Carcass thing, other than being a thrash metal riff with heavy percussion, and possibly a similar rhythm, is completely different to Pull Harder. They're both fairly generic riffs, and there's nowhere near enough similarity to call Pull Harder a rip-off.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by Zangetsu 101

NOW!

FAIL.

Trivium puts more melody plus what about the slow down Trivium puts in where they sing "Pull....Harder....Strings.... Martyr!" ? Sounds nothing like Carcass.... The songs are waaaaay different.

And I forgot one thing too....CLEAN VOCALS.
Wow, a metal band on stage? with one guy in the middle and a guy either side of him? and they have close-ups of the singer while he sings?

It must be a rip-off, cos its such an original idea in the first place.

As for the Trivium ripped off Carcass, At The Gates etc. video, yeah we've all seen it. And there are some similarities, but maybe thats because their all metal bands? I mean, there's only so many riffs you could possibly play...and metals been around for a while...
Both bands are terrible anyway.

No offence.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
No, it's not and BFMV aren't that fond of Trivium, they like old Thrash, they've basically said they don't listen to new music.
MUNSTER

Heineken Cup Champions 2005/2006 2007/2008

Quote by Deliriumbassist

And anyways... OMGZ, TWO BANDS DONE PERFORMANCE VIDEOZ!!! OH NOES!!!

Already beat you to that punch, DB.
Same words, too.
Quote by Zangetsu 101

NOW!

Not this argument again, I've listened to both songs constantly over the past two years and yes, there is a similarity, but they're both just kick drum intros. In that same fashion, I think Corporal Jigsore Quandary is a ripoff of Painkiller by Judas Priest.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Jaymz2K
Already beat you to that punch, DB.
Same words, too.

ZOMGZ DELERIUMBASSIST RIPPED YOU OFF!!!!11111
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Bullet for my valentine is your typical "cheap" band. They are emo when the whole emo phase is in and try to copy popular metal bands when the whole emo thing dies down. Try just want to change their emo image because if they don't, people won't buy their albums anymore.

Now, I'm not saying that they are terrible, but they certainly lose credibility when it comes to taking them seriously.
Quote by Mike!
Bullet for my valentine is your typical "cheap" band. They are emo when the whole emo phase is in and try to copy popular metal bands when the whole emo thing dies down. Try just want to change their emo image because if they don't, people won't buy their albums anymore.

Now, I'm not saying that they are terrible, but they certainly lose credibility when it comes to taking them seriously.

i can honestly say ive never taken bullet for my valentine seriously, but trivium idk, ivde only heard their cover of master of puppets, which was pretty good, but besides that idk, but bullet sux, so the whole thing must suck cuz their suckishness ruins trivium if their any good
Regardless, Trivium are an astoundingly deriviative, insipid band that deserve next to none of the praise they get for being "groundbreaking" (compare Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation to Blinded By Fear by At the Gates, compare Heafy's new vocals to 90's Hetfield, and compare his old vocals to a wolverine being stepped on), and the same goes for BFMV.
Quote by guitardude34875
i can honestly say ive never taken bullet for my valentine seriously, but trivium idk, ivde only heard their cover of master of puppets, which was pretty good, but besides that idk, but bullet sux, so the whole thing must suck cuz their suckishness ruins trivium if their any good

I'll have to listen to trivium. But yeah, +1 on your comment.

So, I listened to them. Nice instrumentals, horrible vocalist. He sounds like a mix between real metal and whiny screamo. A big MEH............
Last edited by Mike! at Mar 22, 2008,
I prefer The Berserker's cover of Corporal Jigsore Quandary to be honest. And Bullet for My Valentine suck balls.
RULE BRITANNIA