So I walked into the local GC last week, and lo and behold, right as you walk in are Egnater and Blackstar amps. They had what looked to be the head, cab, and combo for the Egnater, and a couple of heads and cabinets for Blackstar. I thought it was odd that these amps were basically right there as you walk in the turnstyle. I mean, I know they want people to know that those amps are in stock, but they don't have the other expense amps like the VHT or Mesa up front. Did anyone else notice this, or am I just a lame-o bringing up old news?
Lucky my GC don't got nothing, no mesa, no VHT, no Black heart. But they give better deals than most GC. Classic 30 new for $309!!!Dang!!!!!!
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
i'd rather have them showing off decent expensive amps than displaying walls of marshall mg's and line6 spiders. mine has a pretty decent selection of new and used jcm's and mesas and such, but nothin too great.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
the one I go to is fairly small. thier amp selection is a joke. I think they have a couple rectos in the house, and some Peavey, then a slew of budget amps and solid state stuff. but what do you want? I'm in mississippi. just about everyone's poor here.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
the one I go to is fairly small. thier amp selection is a joke. I think they have a couple rectos in the house, and some Peavey, then a slew of budget amps and solid state stuff. but what do you want? I'm in mississippi. just about everyone's poor here.

Sounds like mine, in Charlotte. There's only 4 or 5 amps I'd feel comfortable trying out a guitar on- an AC30, Mesa Stilletos and Rectos, and a JCM800. Someone on UG said they tried out an ENGL Fireball about a week after the last time I'd been there, though. It's hit or miss. Oh, and plus, almost every guitar worth trying out is at the top of the wall, and I feel like an asshole asking one of the guys to get it down for me.