Ok I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus that has had a fairly bad tuning problem lately. The G-string keeps falling out of tune almost instantly after tuning it up. It's not even a small amount that it drops out, it's close to a quarter step.

Is this a string problem, a tuner problem, a bridge problem, or something else?
how old is it?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
its probably a mixture of a tuner problem and a nut problem.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Bring it to the shop where you've bought it and ask them! If it's only a year old, it should still be under the .. garantee.. or whatever it's called in english! :P
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
pearl jam kicks ass...

anyways, it could be a number of things. if you don't have experience in guitar repair and stuff you should just bring it into a shop.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
If it isn't a stretch problem, maybe the screw in your G string tuner is a little loose. Get a screwdriver and see if you can just tighten the screw on your g string tuner a little bit. Try that if your strings have been amply stretched.
nope

I had the same exact problem and string. I just rubbed pencil lead in the nut and it has been fine ever since.
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
99% of tuning problems come from the guitar simply not being re-strung correctly. Even the cheapest guitars in the world will hold tune most of the time providing that they are strung right.

Re-string the guitar, making sure to properly wear out the strings first. Then, do play them a bit. No strings, no matter how stretched before hand, will hold tune perfectly the instant you put them on the guitar. I find I need to play for about an hour solid before the strings - even ones that were stretched first anyway - truly hold tune.

If that fails, have your guitar properly set-up at a store. This should almost certainly solve and problems you have. I will honestly be amazed if any guitar over the £60/$100 price range still goes out of tune after a proper set-up and re-stringing.
If you haven't changed the strings in the past few months, do so.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion