well...it's my friend, but he put a whammy bar in his guitar, but when he went to screw it out, it just screwed around, but nothing happened. Now it just hangs there, it still works, but you have to pull it up to normal position to use it. You can screw it either way to tighten it or loosen it, but it just spins around loosely. Is there ANY way to get it out???
This happens with my dean all the time, you have to open the back up and hold the screw nut with a rachet while tightening the the whammy bar to stop it spinning round, then keep it held and unscrew the trem arm.

Hope that helped, I'm tired so that may have not made any sense at all but oh well.
what kind of guitar does your friend have? if its anything like what Joelieo has then do what he said. if it's a strat, it's not a "whammy bar" it's a tremolo arm and you may have damaged the threads. you're description is kind of hazy.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
use lube!

ahem - do what the first guy said

happens ALL the time! thats why i have hardtails and made my strat and jackson hardtails
Quote by AUSTINZOR
what kind of guitar does your friend have? if its anything like what Joelieo has then do what he said. if it's a strat, it's not a "whammy bar" it's a tremolo arm and you may have damaged the threads. you're description is kind of hazy.

he has an Ibanez, not sure what type, but it's an ibanez i know