am i correct in assuming that you can lower the action of an acoustic by filing down the bridge and the nut? or would i also need to adjust the truss rod? or is adjusting the truss rod all i need to do? id rather not touch the truss to be honest, theyre too sensitive from what i hear. any advice on the best way to do this?
if you can break your truss rod, I would give you something. The only way youd break it is if you are like spinning it like 5 times around, just do small turns then check and repeat.
You can screw up your neck easily though.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Quote by Mynabull
You can screw up your neck easily though.

thats what my guitar teacher says, and the one time my strats truss needed to be adjusted, i had him do it for that reason. so would filing down the bridge and the nut be the best option? i figure at the very least, it came with an extra bridge and nuts are cheap, so if i screw those up its far less maintenance and expense to rectify the issue.
The truss rod isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be. Don't be an idiot and turn it huge amounts at a time and you'll be fine.

But anyways, afaik, filing down the nut/bridge would be the answer.
Quote by james4
The truss rod isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be. Don't be an idiot and turn it huge amounts at a time and you'll be fine.

But anyways, afaik, filing down the nut/bridge would be the answer.

cool. would sandpaper do the trick?