i'm thinking about getting either a Fender FM212R or a Fender FM210R, but i can't decide which one to buy. The FM212R costs $40 more, and the only difference is that the FM212R has 12" speakers instead of 10". which one should i buy?
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
well then what would you reccomend?
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
i think the most i can spend is $400, and i usually play classic rock/blues. i'm interested in two-speaker amps, 60 watts or over.
i had the fm212r and i returned it a week later, i would've returned it tha tnight but i was busy

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

60 watts or over would be nice.
i have a 40 watt tube amp that has 1 speaker and it is louder than my friends 100 watt solid state 212. the point im trying to make is its not all about wattage and number of speakers

your looking at solid states, trust me you want a tube amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

You want a tube amp. And you don't need 60 tube watts (my peavey classic has 50, and it gets too loud). About 20 or maybe 30 tube watts will be good for you. Maybe even lower.
Since you were looking at fenders, and telling from your avatar, I expect you to want a good amp for pink floyd and other classic rock.
Thus, I will recommend a british voiced amp: (get these both USED or secondhand):
Peavey Classic 30
~or~
Laney VC30

Basically, the peavey if you're in the USA, the Laney if you're in Europe.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i was also looking at a behringer v-tone gmx212. are those any good?
it's kind of expensive for my budget.
right.
that wasn't sarcasm, but okay.
Quote by Jangles5150
it's kind of expensive for my budget.

Precisely why I said to buy one used.
That V32 is one hawt amp too (one of the best values for an amp of that wattage). If you can help it, get the USA ones, not the Vietnamese ones.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Buy an MG.

Or listen to people. Pick up a peavey classic or crate palomino, both would be a great improvement.

The fenders arent terrible amps clean, good for running pedals through, but thats where it end, dist is awfull and you would get bored of it within a week...
i don't really like crate that much. thier bass amps are killer, but thier guitar amps seem weak to me.
Quote by Jangles5150
i don't really like crate that much. thier bass amps are killer, but thier guitar amps seem weak to me.

Their tube amps rock.
But true, their solidstates (like that one 400 dollar halfstack) really sucks.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah. my friend has a '65 fender tube amp. it plays real nice.
^How exactly is that relevant to this thread?
Yeah, the '65 Twin Reissue (which I assume that you're talking about) is a great amp, but 400 bucks won't buy you that.
So, take it from a tone freak:
Peavey Classic 30 (used)
Laney VC30 (maybe used, i'm not 100% on their prices)
Palomino V32 (new)

Get one of those, and you will be happy you did.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ok.