Hey,
I found a used 5150 II head for $576.
I've been considering getting a Bugera 333xl, because i play metal, mainly thrash and death metal. I've always kinda wanted a 5150/6505, but i never got one because i heard they were one trick ponys, and i never had the money. But now that i found a 5150 II for $576, im seriuosly considering it, and i need decide soon, before it sells

Would the 5150II work for me, or should i keep saving?
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Last edited by Retardwitguitar at Mar 22, 2008,
it would suit you,
but judging from what the goons here are saying on the forums
the bugera is a MUCH better purchase,
it's so much more versatile
but you're still probably gonna want to try both out before you buy.
Good for metal, and reliable. Burgera are new and no one know there reliability. I think that a great deal, if you don't want it send me the link
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
thanks guys, anyone else have opinions?

i'm really considering this, but i can get the bugera for $25 cheaper, but im not sure i want something thats more or less untested
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Since the Peavey is so cheap, I'd get it. More reliable.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
its not really the matter of it being $25 cheaper, i've heard the 333xl is way nicer then the 5150II. That paranormal5150 guy that used to be on here made his 333xl his main amp over his 6505+ and his 5150
Quote by Kensai

i'm liking the burgera. i'd have to say that over a 5150, personally.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
I would get the peavey. I would wait a while to get a Bugera to see how they hold up with massive touring/gigging.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by the.spine.surfs
The 5150 II is a proven amp, with good reasale value.

+1 The 5150 amps have definitely proved themselves already.
Get the 5150, if you dont like it you can sell it for more than you bought it for, and then buy whatever you want.
you'll be able to re-sell the peavey for about the same price. so if you don't like it, or you find out in the future that you like the bugera better, then you can sell the 5150
alright, thanks for the advice guys

im gonna get my money together and buy it - ill post pics etc when i get it
Quote by Kensai

so, by the time my parents gothome and ok'd it, it was gone

so im back to square one - any reccomendations for amps?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Retardwitguitar
so, by the time my parents gothome and ok'd it, it was gone

so im back to square one - any reccomendations for amps?

Well you probably mostly play metal, right? Whats your budget?
i play metal mostly, but i play a bit of rock and blues - so cleans aren't high priority

im looking to spend around $500-700. I want a head, because i'm thinking of getting a vader 212, so the cab is covered
Quote by Kensai

Im sorta in the same boat, although my purchase will be made later in the future but, Im really looking at the Peavey 5150/6505 and now at the Bugeras and also the F series Mesas crossed my eye. Really now that theyre discontinued you can pick up a F30 for 600 pretty easy and Im sure even better deals are to be had if you wait and play your cards right. Bottom line I tihnk is really you need to go to a store and try them out for yourself. Its the same thing with anything, guitars, paintball whatever, you need to try them out for yourself and see which you like better.
i'm really looking at online stores - i live in a small city in Canada, with no good music stores

i'm also not as sure anymore about getting the vader, are there any better cabs for $400 or less i should look into?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Gsaws
Bugera? lol

Maybe it was a sign.

Yeah a sign that 5150's still own.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

as true as that is, its not really an option anymore
Quote by Kensai