So, before I spend 2 gigs of my bandwidth on Diablo II LoD, I want to make sure that I have everything set up.

I'll be downloading this torrent: http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/27925826/Diablo+2+Lord+of+Destruction?tab=summary

I downloaded Alcohol 120% to burn the CD.

What kind of CD should I use? A DVD, or a normal 70 minutes one? And, what kind of cd am I burning (.iso image etc?)
Piracy, dude. Delete thread before a mod sees this.

And for the record, use daemon tools..no need to burn the CD.
Quote by zwound
Piracy, dude. Delete thread before a mod sees this.

There's a torrent thread. And, I think this allowed. I've read the rules...
I'm quite sure it isn't. I'm not 100% certain, but oh well.

what kind of a file do you have? .Iso?
Quote by zwound
I'm quite sure it isn't. I'm not 100% certain, but oh well.

Ctrl + F in the rules thread. I typed "piracy" and no matches found, so I'm sure this is allowed

Edit: I haven't downloaded the files yet, but they're in my first post.
Alright, if you REALLY wanna burn them on disks, then you haveto put every single .iso file on a separate disk, while burning in 'data CD' format.

Why not just mount image using daemon tools? I find writing CD's too much of a hassle.
Quote by zwound
Alright, if you REALLY wanna burn them on disks, then you haveto put every single .iso file on a separate disk, while burning in 'data CD' format.

Why not just mount image using daemon tools? I find writing CD's too much of a hassle.

Please explain what Daemon Tools does, in like a few sentences.
if you burn the iso files i recommend Sony DVD+R blank dvds, they have worked great for me and for some reason alcohol didn't work for me so i use MagicISO

edit: deamon tools mounts the iso file to a 'virtual drive' so the computer thinks the iso file is on a disk in your computer (deamon tools also didn't work for me for some reason)
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I tried the same thing last week:P. but I wanted to copy the real one for my brother. didn't worked for me. kept asking me to put the cd in(Installing the game worked btw) but you can download 'Virtual CloneDrive' to play it right from the image file.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Thornography
Please explain what Daemon Tools does, in like a few sentences.

Uh, basically all those ISO files are like CDs. What daemon tools is is like a light program that simulates a CD reader and opens those .ISO files as if they were actual CDs. No burning needed. It's a really light program. Google 'Daemon tools' to get it.
Quote by zwound
Uh, basically all those ISO files are like CDs. What daemon tools is is like a light program that simulates a CD reader and opens those .ISO files as if they were actual CDs. No burning needed. It's a really light program. Google 'Daemon tools' to get it.

Alright so I've downloaded and installed Daemon Tools. So all I have left to do is download the torrent, then use Daemon Tools to do it's thing then I'm done?
Quote by Thornography
Alright so I've downloaded and installed Daemon Tools. So all I have left to do is download the torrent, then use Daemon Tools to do it's thing then I'm done?

yep