I was messin around at guitar center the other night and I was playing with a Line6 spider III 75w i think? It was in my price range at 450 and it had alot of cool features. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these and if there worth the price.
Search Bar...

I like the smaller ones for practice and whatnot but the bigger ones are just a waste of cash.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I agree with H4T3BR33D3R on the smaller ones. If you want all those features, try looking for a used Line 6 Flextone instead. Much better amps for not too much more
worth the price? no, id say its not. especially the bigger ones like the 75w version. the small ones (15w and such) are nice practice amps that will let you have a lot of options. but they are practice amps and sound like it. the bigger ones are just louder practice amps. if you are looking into something with that much wattage, you probably arent just looking for an amp to play at home. so you gotta ask yourself, do you want a really loud practice amp or do you want something that will sound good with other musicians?
If you are going to play in your bedroom, get the spider III 15 watts version, It's about 140$. It's good for practicing in you room. But if you are going to be jamming with people or play live shows Then I would suggest looking into tube/hybrid amps. Also What type of music are you looking forward to playing?
Quote by shaunmood
I was messin around at guitar center the other night and I was playing with a Line6 spider III 75w i think? It was in my price range at 450 and it had alot of cool features. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these and if there worth the price.

Wouldn't bother even making a thread about it =/
Quote by sum_ugly_man
If you are going to play in your bedroom, get the spider III 15 watts version, It's about 140$. It's good for practicing in you room. But if you are going to be jamming with people or play live shows Then I would suggest looking into tube/hybrid amps. Also What type of music are you looking forward to playing?

Wide ranged between Bluesy Rockish tone like SRV and a dirty metal tone like KSE...

And This thread asked if anyone experienced the amp i was asking your opinion solely on experience not what you heard from other people...
Quote by shaunmood
Wide ranged between Bluesy Rockish tone like SRV and a dirty metal tone like KSE...

And This thread asked if anyone experienced the amp i was asking your opinion solely on experience not what you heard from other people...

based on experience,
When something has the exact same features with the exact same technology, but its just louder.
Its just louder.
a 15 watt SS amp is a practice amp. Now make the exact same thing louder, then it is a louder practice amp....hard to comprehend, yes, i know.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by shaunmood

why not? they have experiance with it
and yes 15w is a decent pratcice amp
no more
I have Spider 3 75 that I'll be selling shortly. It's nice, but if I had to do it over again I would have bought a Roland 60 or Flextone 3.
Quote by Denthúl
I agree with H4T3BR33D3R on the smaller ones. If you want all those features, try looking for a used Line 6 Flextone instead. Much better amps for not too much more

I wouldn't waste your money on the Flextone III either, they aren't that great.

What I've come to learn from owning the Flextone for about two years now is that they are pretty good at getting a nice clean tone and some jazzier leads, but when it comes to distortion, they suck. You can get a somewhat close tube distortion sound, but you can't get any more gain to back it up, and when you find a setting with a lot of gain, you can't get away from the crappy digital sound with a very bad fuzz no matter how much gain you how put into the setting.

Just my two cents... but don't buy Line 6 amps (excluding the Vetta and HD147, seeing how I have not played them.)