Hey,
In my profile, under Guitar Instrumental. I was kind of just playing around today, and I thought i'd do a quick recording of a *very* rough draft for a rock or maybe blues instrumental song. I feel that this song had a bit more of an actual "song" feel to it, then my other mp3's which are basically me just fiddling around.
I understand that i'm sloppy, it's currently being worked on, but I haven't been playing for too long, so i'm still a beginner.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Not bad at all, I don;t know much about that bluesy type of stuff, but I thought it was a solid point to build on. I think your G string is a tad out of tune, could just be me though. Like you mentioned the transitions were a bit sloppy, but its a work in progress. I think some bass along side would really give you a lot of inspiration. Pretty good overall, your lead work is pretty solid for a "beginner", Ive been playing for years, but I just wasn't born with great lead phrasing.

Crit mine if you could:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817331

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817331
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Nice little riff-age... Some of those could be built into structured tunes.

I noticed on your profile that your birthday is March 29th... So is mine! Of course, I was born many years before you...

Check out my original tune, using some slide guitar:

Click here

Thanks!!!
All cape, no superman.
^Thanks. I like to tweak my tone alot. when I listened to the track again, my tone seemed similar to another guitarists i can tell a bit, but I can't put my finger on it. What do you guys think my tone sounds like? I thought it had a bit of a Brian May vibe in a few parts, but i'm still not sure.

Also, I should say, that when you crit, it is very hard for me to load myspace music, as it takes a long time to load (dialup). If you REALLY want some critique, I will be patient and let it load. Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I think that this song gets better as it goes along, it sounds like you weren't too enthusiastic but then you just got into it. I like the riff just before 2:00, that's a good recurring theme. The fills are quite nicely laid out, thou they sometimes go out of time. All in all it's very scuttle buttin' . I think some drums and a bass would really help this song come into its own - maybe a snare accenting some of your riffs ( like the ones around the 2:15 to 2:30 area). tighten up your playing and you have a nice bluesy instrumental song. Tone: maybe your tone could have a bit more clarity (less gain, maybe the middle/treble pickup), but other than that, no problems there.

7/10

Crit Mine?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817489
It sounds good. I've never been much of a blues fan or blues player for that fact but this does sound very bluesy. To say your a begginner your a great player. You not too sloppy at all. I think with a backing track you would sound much tighter - Of course without a track of soem kind you have nothing to keep to so your timing is bound to stray off a bit. I prefer your clean tone to your distorted tone - I think you should go for a more crunch sound - Less gain.

Overall, you have some nice ideas and some good phrasing. You should make a drum and bass track for this one and make it into a proper song.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Nice man, it's got a real groove going for it. Very nice.

Have you tired downloading something like Beatcraft, maybe programming some bass? I couldn't help but hum a bassline and drum on the desk as I listened

Overall very good for what it is. RThanks for your opinions, too