I've never cooked one before, Oh wait. In year 7 in school i did, but, anyhows.

What i did is...

Beef Mince boiled with chopped onions for flavour, then drained and seasoned with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and a dash of Paprika.

Then blended into a tomato and basil sauce on a low heat (basically spagetti bolagnase sauce)

Then i poured that onto the pasta sheet base, topped by a generous layer of cheese. then another layer of pasta sheets topped with the bechamal sauce.

For the bechamal, i again, on low heat blended in some double cream and phillidelphia (white cream cheese)

Then, again, another layer and finally topped with chedder cheese!

So, this is totally pointless but, who wants to see the finished product in um, 30ish min. Dun dun dunnnn.
You gotta love Lasagna

Lasagna Woooah
Lasagna Woooah
We laughed ourselves to bits,
When Tottenham got the ****s,
Lasagna woooah,
Lasagna Wooooah.
Mmmmm... Lasagna.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Did you make it with just cheese? I normally make a white/cheese sauce. But I'll be interested in seeing it. Also, Philadelphia is horrible.
gotta see the lasagna, n cheers for the recipe, i piss it up everytime i try to make it
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by mulletman500
Did you make it with just cheese? I normally make a white/cheese sauce. But I'll be interested in seeing it. Also, Philadelphia is horrible.

mhm, i was thinking of doing a chedder cheese sauce along with the white source but, i thought it might be to strong, and take the flavour off the meat, well, you know what i mean. And yeah, the Phila' was just because the'll be melted pats through out it randmally for a bit of variation, may work, may not.
Quote by MightyAl
You boiled the mince?
Fry it, n00b.

Thouht about it, but, boiling gets rid of the fat.

it's for my family aswell otherwise, yeah i would have fried it with mushrooms, onions and garlic, and then added in the tomato sauce.
Quote by CraigKing

it's for my family aswell otherwise, yeah i would have fried it with mushrooms, onions and garlic, and then added in the tomato sauce.

Boiling also gets rid of the flavour.
Quote by CraigKing
mhm, i was thinking of doing a chedder cheese sauce along with the white source but, i thought it might be to strong, and take the flavour off the meat, well, you know what i mean. And yeah, the Phila' was just because the'll be melted pats through out it randmally for a bit of variation, may work, may not.

I'll be interested to see if it does. I might actually try it cos it'll make a change and hopefully wont be too overpowering.
Quote by MightyAl
You boiled the mince?
Fry it, n00b.

+1

Meat isn't meant for boiling It just ends up tasteless and chewy.
Quote by CraigKing

Dude, fat is where flavour lives...
Philadelphia = teh lose

fresh ricotta and mascarpone = where's it at

edit: and boiled meat looks gray and unsatisfying.
Quote by pratt121
Philadelphia = teh lose

fresh ricotta and mascarpone = where's it at

edit: and boiled meat looks gray and unsatisfying.

Added Mozerella too =(
mozzarella is good if it's fresh.

I made a pizza the other day with basil pesto, sundried tomatoes, and grilled chicken breast... then I just cut up the pieces of fresh mozz and put it in the oven and it came out perfectly.

FRESH MOZZ IS SO GOOD!
you should fry the mean with onions, not boil it, because boiling it makes it tasteless, and why'd you use philadelphia cheese? thats gross. I personally just use mozzarella on all the layers, but you're supposed to use ricotta cheese in the middle layers in order to give it it's texture. But thumbs up on the sauce, basil and tomatoes is win.
That actually looks pretty tasty. It doesn't have shit on the lasagna my uncle makes though.
I think you use mozarella, not cheddar, definately not cream cheese, thats gonna taste like ****
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Quote by RidicuLousbass
I think you use mozarella, not cheddar, definately not cream cheese, thats gonna taste like ****

oh nooo. I used chedder mainly. mozzela and phili as just ontop.
it looks good but can a make a few suggestions?

layer the bottom of the pan with sauce, then put a layer of the lasagna noodles, then a layer of sause with ground beef (or diced cheicken breast), then a layer of mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan cheese on top, add diced boiled egg whites to the cheese mix if you please.

repeat that layering process again (noodles, sauce,cheese)

put noodles up again, a thin layer of sauce without meat on overtop and mozzarella and parmesan on top

i swear to god you'll eat very well for the next 3 days if you make it like that
Quote by fishmunky
it looks good but can a make a few suggestions?

layer the bottom of the pan with sauce, then put a layer of the lasagna noodles, then a layer of sause with ground beef (or diced cheicken breast), then a layer of mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan cheese on top, add diced boiled egg whites to the cheese mix if you please.

repeat that layering process again (noodles, sauce,cheese)

put noodles up again, a thin layer of sauce without meat on overtop and mozzarella and parmesan on top

i swear to god you'll eat very well for the next 3 days if you make it like that

Oo, that sounds quite nice!
Also, I'm of the belief the sauce in a lasagne needs to FAR outweigh the pasta And a metric ****ton of cheese on top.
Quote by CraigKing
Oo, that sounds quite nice!

When i moved out to go to school, i asked my mom for her recipes for my favourite dishes that she made (lasagna, shepards pie, chicken parmesan) that i could make when i wanted as a taste of home, of course she gave me the recipes meant to feed our family of 6, needless to say when you make something that big, it can pretty much feed you for about 4 days

cooking is something i never really did, but something i found once i moved out it was something i found that i really enjoyed doing, honestly even now, living with my g/f i do a vast majority of the cooking, because i enjoy it more and frankly im better at it than she is

but seriously make the lasagna as i suggested it (when making the cheese mix use a 545g container of ricotta, 3/4 a cup of Mozzarella, 1/4 a cup of Parm and 1 beaten egg), its fantastic