I've got a 'normal' electric guitar, but I'm lefthanded...
should I try to learn playing it like it is, or switch the strings?
buying a 'lefthanded' type of guitar is not really an option...
switch the strings, it will be much easier than learning it right handed. what type of guitar do you have?
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
Go to a Guitar Center or something and try playing a right handed guitar and a left handed guitar. That's the only way to find out what's most comfortable for you. I'm left handed too, but I learned how to play righty, not because it would be more convenient, but because it ended up being more comfortable for me.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RGA121
Vetta II HD
Quote by Jangles5150
switch the strings, it will be much easier than learning it right handed. what type of guitar do you have?

it's the cheapest i could get it for really... just for starting out. It doesn't even have a brand on the guitarhead.... nothing I think the brand was something like Ritmuller, but I cant find that anywhere on the guitar itself...
Quote by AbstractDeth7X
Go to a Guitar Center or something and try playing a right handed guitar and a left handed guitar. That's the only way to find out what's most comfortable for you. I'm left handed too, but I learned how to play righty, not because it would be more convenient, but because it ended up being more comfortable for me.

+1.

I play left handed, and couldn't imagine playing righty, but whatever you feel more comfortable with.
Cool people wear earplugs to concerts
I'm lefthanded and I played a righthanded Silvertone strung upside down for the first year and a half. The only pain in the ass is the cutaway is on the wrong side. Makes it hard to comfortably play past the 19th fret if you have a strat-style guitar. Besides that I found little problem with it. I wouldn't bother learning righty.
thanks I'll change the strings and see if it feels more normal for me to play left handed, if not I'll have to change them back I guess
I never understood why people play lefthanded guitars, or even why the things exist. Ever seen a lefthanded piano? Both hands have enough to do when playing guitar, often even independent from each other. Another point: lefthanded guitars usually are not in stock, and therefore never a bargain. They also lose half of their value immediately: you can only trade them to a small portion of the guitar playing public that you happen to belong to.
So try the righthand guitar first, and only switch the strings if things really won't happen.
danku
I'll try to learn it right handed if I don't feel any difference between left and right when I change the strings... being able to play a regular guitar would indeed be handy...