What I am looking for is that long ringing cymbal sound, it's soft and kind fades in (has very soft attack).

Can I do this with EZ Drummer or Absynth 4? If not how can I get this sound?
You could simply try reversing a ride or crash cymbal, although I'm not sure whether that's the sound you're after.
There is poetry in despair.
Yeah I am looking for something like that, any idea on how to reverse the cymbal sound?
Youll have to bounce the sound to a WAV, import that into your project, and reverse the sound clip.
Darn that seems like a lot of work just for one drum sound.

Aren't there any drum kits available so I can change one of the cymbal hat sounds to be a reverse cymbal?
It's really not much work, plus when you have it you can use it as many times as you want.

I mean, it's only - Make sound>export>import>reverse.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by ixelion
Darn that seems like a lot of work just for one drum sound.

Aren't there any drum kits available so I can change one of the cymbal hat sounds to be a reverse cymbal?

If you think that's "a lot of work" then I suggest getting out of recording right now.

Some software samplers allow you to alter the audio files non-destructively so that you could reverse it as part of the sample set you use. But you'd have to learn a few things about how your software sampler works so I think that might be "a lot of work".
I've been running a Roland TD6V module on my custom set for a while now and am done trying to find good sounds that are just not in this module.
over the weekend I noticed EZDrummer for the first time and the latest 2.0 software pack sounds amazing to my ear so im going to start saving up for that and will buy that to trigger with MIDI.
Simply make the midi note on EzDrummer (not sure which) then export that on its own. Then import it and reverse it in your software. Its very easy.
If you think that's "a lot of work" then I suggest getting out of recording right now.

I have been recording for years now, I don't think I would quit because I can't find a simple way of adding a sound effect to my track.

ez drummers has a note that plays the fade in cymbal just find it

Which one is it I cant seem to locate it.

Are there any samplers that could provide me with this sound? I could use a sampler for other things too.
Quote by ixelion
I have been recording for years now, I don't think I would quit because I can't find a simple way of adding a sound effect to my track.

Just out of curiosity, what have you been using for your recordings? Reversing is such a rookie "trick" that it's usually the first thing most people try when they get into digital recording.

Quote by ixelion
Are there any samplers that could provide me with this sound? I could use a sampler for other things too.

Quote by ebon00
Some software samplers allow you to alter the audio files non-destructively so that you could reverse it as part of the sample set you use. But you'd have to learn a few things about how your software sampler works so I think that might be "a lot of work".