I have new strings, and I bought myself a capo. Now, there is a tuning called DADAAD, and your first thought might be "You are going to break the G". Yes, I know that. I've done it before, but it took three times tuning to A and back to G for that to happen with Medium guage strings.

Now, the reason I bought the capo is so that, I can just tune to CGCGGC, and put the capo on to get my DADAAD without killing my G. However, with medium light strings, is my high E string going to break if I tune it all the way down to C? I know that may sound stupid, but things happen.

Strings: Medium Light
You could try getting strings in different gauges
ex:
getting thicker gauges for strings that are going to be loosend
and getting thinner for strings that are going to be tightened

I've never tried it so I don't know if it will work
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
lol this tuning is hard im tabbing hope my rush its in this tuning. the way I do it is I use gauge 13 on eletric they dont break. dont want to ruin my martin.
Well, the hope tabs we see on this site are actually incorrect on two parts.

Instead of:
0-0
4-5
2-2
0-0
0-0
0-0

It's actually

0-0
7-7
4-5
7-7
0-0
0-0

And the part that barres DADA, you are actually barring all the strings
3-5
3-5
3-5
3-5
3-5
3-5
Hey, you can get a partial capo and then you just have to tune part of the guitar lower.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.