Hey guys, this is going to sound really retarded, but I want to get some 57' humbuckers.
So basically would I have to buy two of the same pickups, but if I put one of the bridge and one on Treble, would they sound different, or not at all.. Or what should I put in vice versa's place.. Please help, im retared

http://www.music123.com/Gibson-57-Classic-Humbucker-Pickup-306000-i1128003.Music123
well no seeing as bridge and treble position is the same thing

but if you put one in the neck it will be quite rounded, whereas the bridge position will be sharp
even if they are the same p/u
no they wouldn't, if i were you though id take the pickup covers off, it'll give it a lil brighter sound
Quote by Caseyizzle
no they wouldn't, if i were you though id take the pickup covers off, it'll give it a lil brighter sound

By 'lil', you mean very very little. I've tried out my guitar bridge humbucker with and without covers, and the difference was minimal, to an extent that it done nothing.

Also, yeah, treble pickup I suppose would mean bridge pickup.
Quote by Mwoit
By 'lil', you mean very very little. I've tried out my guitar bridge humbucker with and without covers, and the difference was minimal, to an extent that it done nothing.

Also, yeah, treble pickup I suppose would mean bridge pickup.

it also depends on the pickups
^ya think?

Jb's are very bright soundingm whereas an AlNiCo pro II will sound, for the lack of a better term, less trebly.
ONEDIT: @caseyizzle.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
So which should I go for, the Gibson or the Semour Ducans, and could you please be specfic with which model, thanks guys!
Quote by Stratopower
So which should I go for, the Gibson or the Semour Ducans, and could you please be specfic with which model, thanks guys!

well if you get the seymour alnico 2's, your distortion will be much clearer, meaning you can hear your notes better, and still have alot of distortion, slash also uses the alnico's as well, if you want more of a classic/vintage sound go with the 57 classic, they are both great pickups, i would just prefer alnico pro 2 over any pickup.
Quote by oneblackened
^ya think?

Jb's are very bright soundingm whereas an AlNiCo pro II will sound, for the lack of a better term, less trebly.
ONEDIT: @caseyizzle.

bright doesn't necessarily mean trebly, bright usually means the notes stand out more and you can hear them better, alnico pro II's are bright but at the same time they have a spongy bassy distortion which i love, but thats just me.